What's new

Kino-Lorber Insider Announcement Thread (Read Guidelines Post #3) (43 Viewers)

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider
Coming August 15th!
https://kinolorber.com/product/audi...ell-bent-for-leather-posse-from-hell-showdown

AUDIE MURPHY COLLECTION III (1960-1963)
• NEW Audio Commentary for HELL BENT FOR LEATHER by Film Historian Toby Roan
• NEW Audio Commentary for POSSE FROM HELL by Author/Screenwriter C. Courtney Joyner and Film Historian Henry Parke
• Theatrical Trailers (All Three Films – Newly Mastered in 2K)
• Optional English Subtitles

HELL BENT FOR LEATHER (1960) Color 82 Minutes 2.35:1 Not Rated
The Only Man Who Could Save His Life...Was the Man Who Wanted Him Dead! Clay Santell (Audie Murphy, Sierra) stops into the town of Sutterville after having his horse stolen, only to be mistaken by the townsfolk for a murderous outlaw named Travers. Sutterville’s residents capture Santell and turn him over to crooked lawman Harry Deckett (Stephen McNally, The Duel at Silver Creek), who, tired of chasing the real Travers, decides to execute the innocent man instead. But Santell pulls off a cunning escape and takes the lovely Janet Gifford (Felicia Farr, 3:10 to Yuma) hostage until he can prove his innocence. Audie Murphy is Hell Bent for Leather in this galloping CinemaScope western directed by the great George Sherman (Tomahawk, Border River, Big Jake).

POSSE FROM HELL (1961) Color 88 Minutes 1.85:1 Not Rated
Together They Team Up as an Avenging Posse from Hell! Audie Murphy (Kansas Raiders) and John Saxon (The Appaloosa) are two steel-nerved, two-fisted men who take apart a gang of gun-mad killers in Posse from Hell. Four escapees from death row, Crip, Leo, Chunk and Hash, ride into the town of Paradise, enter the Rosebud Saloon and unleash Hell. Banner Cole (Murphy) is a tough sheriff’s deputy tasked with forming a posse to take down the quartet of killers, who fled Paradise with a hostage. Directed by Alfred Hitchcock’s frequent producer and assistant director, Herbert Coleman (Vertigo), the film features a fiery cast of co-stars including Zohra Lampert (Pay or Die!), Vic Morrow (Target: Harry), Robert Keith (They Came to Cordura), Rodolfo Acosta (Wings of the Hawk), Royal Dano (Man in the Shadow), Ward Ramsey (Dinosaurus!) and Lee Van Cleef (For a Few Dollars More).

SHOWDOWN (1963) B&W 79 Minutes 1.85:1 Not Rated
Enemies Chained Together Like Mad Dogs! Audie Murphy (Destry) stars with Kathleen Crowley (Curse of the Undead) and Charles Drake (No Name on the Bullet) in a western about two cowboys who find themselves in deep trouble…chained up in iron collars! Chris Foster (Murphy) and Bert Pickett (Drake) manage to escape their iron shackles with a gang of villains headed by Lavalle (Harold J. Stone, Man Afraid). But when they tumble into a scheme involving $12,000 in stolen bonds and an ex-girlfriend (Crowley) of Bert’s, a final showdown explodes between Lavalle and the two men. Western favorites Skip Homeier (The Tall T), L.Q. Jones (The Wild Bunch) and Strother Martin (The Horse Soldiers) also star in this rousing chain-gang adventure directed by R.G. Springsteen (Bullet for a Badman).

Audie Murphy III.jpg

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider
We added 75 new titles to our ongoing WHILE SUPPLIES LAST SALE (see below).
https://kinolorber.com/collection/while-supplies-last-2023

• Free USA Shipping: Orders of $50 or More!

3 Bad Men
23 Paces to Baker Street
The Adventure of Sherlock Holmes’ Smarter Brother
Anna Lucasta
Barton Fink
Bat 21
Boomerang
The Bounty
Boy on a Dolphin
Bright Angel
Chosen Survivors
Compulsion
The Crucible
Cry of the City
Day of the Outlaw
Deadline U.S.A.
The Earth Dies Screaming
Executioner’s Song
A Farewell to Arms (1957)
The Favor
Five Miles to Midnight
Force 10 from Navarone
The Ghost of Sierra de Cobre
Gog 3-D
The Good Son
Grace Quigley
The Great Scout and Cathouse Tuesday
The Gun Runners
Hannibal Brooks
High Ballin’
Highway to Hell
I, the Jury
Kidnapped (1971)
Konga
Ladybug Ladybug
The Landlord
The Laughing Policeman
Lifeboat
The Little Girl Who Lives Down the Lane
Lord Love a Duck
Mamie Van Doren Film Noir Collection
Manhattan Project
The Mark of Zorro
The Master (Complete Series)
The Mephisto Waltz
Moving Violations
My Bodyguard
My Gun is Quick
Night People
The Oblong Box
The Oldest Profession
Once Upon a Crime
One Million Years B.C.
Ordeal by Innocence
The Ox-Bow Incident
Porky’s II & III (Double Feature)
Race for the Yankee Zephyr
Retroactive
Return from the Ashes
Return to Macon County
Road House
Rush
Scenes from the Class Struggle in Beverly Hills
The Sicilian Clan
Something for Everyone
Street People
Time Limit
The Trip to Bountiful
Tristan + Isolde
Twice Told Tales
The Undying Monster
Untamed Heart
Von Richthofen and Brown
The Whisperers
Yellow Sky

WSL.jpg

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider
Coming August 15th!
https://kinolorber.com/product/the-day-and-the-hour-aka-le-jour-et-l-heure

The Day and the Hour (1963) Les Jour et L'heure
• 4K Restoration by Gaumont
• NEW Audio Commentary by Film Historian Samm Deighan
• Theatrical Trailer
• In French, English and German with Optional English Subtitles

B&W 110 Minutes 2.35:1 Not Rated
International screen icon Simone Signoret (Diabolique, Room at the Top, Madame Rosa) stars in the powerful World War II drama The Day and the Hour, directed by René Clément (Forbidden Games, Joy House, Is Paris Burning?). Signoret is superb as Thérèse, a lonely and isolated woman who unwittingly gets involved in the Resistance. When British and American planes are shot down over France, the Germans scour the countryside for the pilots. On her way to Paris, Thérèse discovers the Allied airmen hiding among a truckload of goats. She reluctantly agrees to smuggle the pilots into neutral Spain, and along the way finds herself falling in love with U.S. Captain Allan Morley (Stuart Whitman, Sands of the Kalahari, Guyana: Cult of the Damned). Co-starring Geneviève Page (The Private Life of Sherlock Holmes), Michel Piccoli (Max and the Junkmen) and Reggie Nalder (Zoltan… Hound of Dracula), The Day and the Hour delivers a gripping tale of wartime romance and suspense.

738329263751.jpg

RobertMG

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Robert M. Grippo
We added 75 new titles to our ongoing WHILE SUPPLIES LAST SALE (see below).
https://kinolorber.com/collection/while-supplies-last-2023

• Free USA Shipping: Orders of $50 or More!

3 Bad Men
23 Paces to Baker Street
The Adventure of Sherlock Holmes’ Smarter Brother
Anna Lucasta
Barton Fink
Bat 21
Boomerang
The Bounty
Boy on a Dolphin
Bright Angel
Chosen Survivors
Compulsion
The Crucible
Cry of the City
Day of the Outlaw
Deadline U.S.A.
The Earth Dies Screaming
Executioner’s Song
A Farewell to Arms (1957)
The Favor
Five Miles to Midnight
Force 10 from Navarone
The Ghost of Sierra de Cobre
Gog 3-D
The Good Son
Grace Quigley
The Great Scout and Cathouse Tuesday
The Gun Runners
Hannibal Brooks
High Ballin’
Highway to Hell
I, the Jury
Kidnapped (1971)
Konga
Ladybug Ladybug
The Landlord
The Laughing Policeman
Lifeboat
The Little Girl Who Lives Down the Lane
Lord Love a Duck
Mamie Van Doren Film Noir Collection
Manhattan Project
The Mark of Zorro
The Master (Complete Series)
The Mephisto Waltz
Moving Violations
My Bodyguard
My Gun is Quick
Night People
The Oblong Box
The Oldest Profession
Once Upon a Crime
One Million Years B.C.
Ordeal by Innocence
The Ox-Bow Incident
Porky’s II & III (Double Feature)
Race for the Yankee Zephyr
Retroactive
Return from the Ashes
Return to Macon County
Road House
Rush
Scenes from the Class Struggle in Beverly Hills
The Sicilian Clan
Something for Everyone
Street People
Time Limit
The Trip to Bountiful
Tristan + Isolde
Twice Told Tales
The Undying Monster
Untamed Heart
Von Richthofen and Brown
The Whisperers
Yellow Sky

View attachment 186767
I have the dvd's but shocked Boomerang, House On 92nd Street, Mark Of Zorro have not sold out GREAT films!!!!

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider
I have the dvd's but shocked Boomerang, House On 92nd Street, Mark Of Zorro have not sold out GREAT films!!!!
These are good sellers and have been reprinted multiple times, especially Mark of Zorro, we don't do limited editions. But as far as Fox big sellers are concerned, none of them make the top 5. Zorro makes the top 10, the others not even the top 20.

1. One Million Years B.C.
2. Porky's Double Feature
3. Lifeboat
4. Adventure of Sherlock Holmes' Smarter Brother
5. Barton Fink

Some titles like Deadline USA and Moving Violations sold twice as much on DVD as they did on Blu-ray.

Last edited:

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider
Coming August 15th!
https://kinolorber.com/product/is-paris-burning-special-edition

Is Paris Burning? (1966)
• Digitally Restored from a 4K scan of the 35mm Original Camera Negative by Paramount Pictures in Association with American Zoetrope and Francis Ford Coppola
• NEW Audio Commentary by Film Historians Daniel Kremer and Howard S. Berger
• 5.1 Surround/Lossless 2.0 Stereo English Audio and Lossless 2.0 Mono French Audio
• Limited Edition O-Card Slipcase

B&W/C 173 Minutes 2.35:1 Not Rated
Acclaimed filmmaker René Clément (Forbidden Games, The Day and the Hour, Rider on the Rain) brings you the explosive, courage-filled story of the Allied Resistance and the Paris Liberation of 1944. As the Nazi jackboot marches through Europe, the freedom fighters of Paris mount a brave resistance. An insane and desperate Hitler sends a top general to determine if the Nazis can hold the city. If not, Paris will be burned. With a powerful script by Gore Vidal (Suddenly, Last Summer) and Francis Ford Coppola (The Conversation); and a rousing score by legendary composer Maurice Jarre (Doctor Zhivago). This epic film boasts an international cast of screen legends, including Jean-Paul Belmondo, Charles Boyer, Leslie Caron, Jean-Pierre Cassel, George Chakris, Alain Delon, Kirk Douglas, Glenn Ford, Gert Fröbe, Yves Montand, Anthony Perkins, Michel Piccoli, Simone Signoret, Robert Stack, Jean-Louis Trintignant and Orson Welles. Is Paris Burning? is a staggering portrait of heroism and brotherhood, and one of the most riveting stories to come out of World War II.

738329263768.jpg

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
Coming August 15th!

Is Paris Burning? (1966)
• Digitally Restored from a 4K scan of the 35mm Original Camera Negative by Paramount Pictures in Association with American Zoetrope and Francis Ford Coppola
• 5.1 Surround/Lossless 2.0 Stereo English Audio and Lossless 2.0 Mono French Audio

Acclaimed filmmaker René Clément (Forbidden Games, The Day and the Hour, Rider on the Rain) brings you the explosive, courage-filled story of the Allied Resistance and the Paris Liberation of 1944. As the Nazi jackboot marches through Europe, the freedom fighters of Paris mount a brave resistance. An insane and desperate Hitler sends a top general to determine if the Nazis can hold the city. If not, Paris will be burned. With a powerful script by Gore Vidal (Suddenly, Last Summer) and Francis Ford Coppola (The Conversation); and a rousing score by legendary composer Maurice Jarre (Doctor Zhivago). This epic film boasts an international cast of screen legends, including Jean-Paul Belmondo, Charles Boyer, Leslie Caron, Jean-Pierre Cassel, George Chakris, Alain Delon, Kirk Douglas, Glenn Ford, Gert Fröbe, Yves Montand, Anthony Perkins, Michel Piccoli, Simone Signoret, Robert Stack, Jean-Louis Trintignant and Orson Welles. Is Paris Burning? is a staggering portrait of heroism and brotherhood, and one of the most riveting stories to come out of World War II.

View attachment 186773
I can give an advance hint that this looks beautiful. Wonderful film!

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
Coming August 15th!

Is Paris Burning? (1966)

View attachment 186773
Mr. Insider, will this be the roadshow version that the Paramount DVD gave us (Overture, intermission, entr'acte).

Richard M S

Screenwriter
These are good sellers and have been reprinted multiple times, especially Mark of Zorro, we don't do limited editions. But as far as Fox big sellers are concerned, none of them make the top 5. Zorro makes the top 10, the others not even the top 20.

1. One Million Years B.C.
2. Porky's Double Feature
3. Lifeboat
4. Adventure of Sherlock Holmes' Smarter Brother
5. Barton Fink

Some titles like Deadline USA and Moving Violations sold twice as much on DVD as they did on Blu-ray.

There are some great additions to the While Supplies Last Sale! I see several I will buy.

Anyway, I am always fascinated by the sales lists; although this one for the Fox Top 5 confirms my taste is not "Top 5" anymore. I do have Lifeboat at least lol.

LeoA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Leo
I was surprised to see Ladybug Ladybug on there, thinking that it just came out a little while ago. But it's now been over two and a half years since Kino Lorber put that one out.

Time sure flies.

Mike Robertson

Stunt Coordinator
I will pick up the third Audie Murphy set as well. Now, if I could just figure out what happened to the second one. I seem to have missed it. Can't find it on the Kino site. When did the second one come out?

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
I will pick up the third Audie Murphy set as well. Now, if I could just figure out what happened to the second one. I seem to have missed it. Can't find it on the Kino site. When did the second one come out?

August 2020.

Not sure why you couldn't find it:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks