What's new

Kino-Lorber Insider Announcement Thread (Read Guidelines Post #3) (16 Viewers)

RobertMG

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Robert M. Grippo
We're still hoping for December releases.
NOT mentioning any titles but still do not understand why another famous label has not given Hitch's great 1936 film a proper release?? Is Blue Skies close to a date? Looking forward to preordering that one!

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Saturday's Facebook Announcement:

Coming this November on Blu-ray!

Deported (1950)
Starring Jeff Chandler, Märta Torén, Marina Berti, Claude Dauphin & Richard Rober – Shot by William H. Daniels (The Naked City) – Screenplay by Robert Buckner (Bright Victory) – Directed by Film Noir Great Robert Siodmak (Phantom Lady, The Suspect, The Spiral Staircase, The Killers, Cry of the City, Criss Cross, The File on Thelma Jordon).

1628348484348.png

borisfw

Screenwriter
Real Name
Frank
Deported with Jeff Chandler. Nice to see another never released on dvd in usa title coming out on Blu. I love these releases. Just got my new releases from KL in the mail today. FYI, i have found that ordering direct from KL is the way to go. Good prices on new releases and very quick delivery. I know most of you probably know this already, but i'm a little late figuring this out. Plus my local Bullmoose upped their prices on new KL releases.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Sunday's Facebook Announcement:

Coming Soon on Blu-ray!

The Brass Bottle (1964)
Starring Tony Randall, Barbara Eden, Burl Ives & Kamala Devi – Shot by Clifford Stine (Bedtime Story) – Screenplay by Oscar Brodney (Harvey) – Based on a Novel by Thomas Anstey Guthrie (One Touch of Venus) – Directed by Harry Keller (Quantez, The Female Animal).

1628437080069.png

JPCinema

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken Koc

Coming Soon on Blu-ray!

The Brass Bottle (1964)
Starring Tony Randall, Barbara Eden, Burl Ives & Kamala Devi – Shot by Clifford Stine (Bedtime Story) – Screenplay by Oscar Brodney (Harvey) – Based on a Novel by Thomas Anstey Guthrie (One Touch of Venus) – Directed by Harry Keller (Quantez, The Female Animal).

View attachment 108020
Yay! More 60's films from Universal!

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin

Coming Soon on Blu-ray!

The Brass Bottle (1964)

View attachment 108020
I've never seen this film but I'm interested in this disc.

timk1041

Screenwriter
Real Name
Timothy

Coming Soon on Blu-ray!

The Brass Bottle (1964)

View attachment 108020
Happy to see this one. I am hoping for "Fluffy" from 1965 sometime. Another Tony Randall one co-starring Shirley Jones. That has never had a video release here.

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
Was this movie the basis for I DREAM OF JEANIE?
it is believed to be the basis, but Burl Ives plays the Genie and the TV show was produced by Screen Gems (Columbia) and none of the writers, director, and producer of The Brass Bottle were involved with the TV show.

Universal released a DVD in 2017. You can still purchase it on Amazon.

it’s a fun little film and I can not wait to get it. Thank you Kino

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks