What's new

Kino Lorber has TV Titles from Universal… (1 Viewer)

AndyMcKinney

Senior HTF Member
Hey Andy,

just to make things better, maybe they could include the unaired 11th episode, so all the stories are completed

yes, of course, it would definitely need to be the complete run, at a minimum! Hopefully, they'd want to get at least Kenneth Johnson involved, if such a thing ever happened. And, of course, all three series leads are still around.

LouA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Antonicello
My list, none of which will turn up as Kino's choice based on their telling us it will be a short-lived series, would include but not be limited to:

Bachelor Father
Restless Gun
(for better prints)
The John Forsythe Show
The Wide Country
(for better prints)
Sheriff Lobo
New Leave it to Beaver
(does Universal even own that?)

Gary "not going to name stuff like The Munsters that has already had a solid release" O.
Any of those shows would be great, but would need a miracle.
Since Kino releases a lot of obscure films, maybe they should look into releasing some obscure TV shows.

Tom St Jones

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Thomas
I'm hopeful "Banacek" is among the titles. Considering the many George Peppard films Kino has already released, and the fact "Banacek" is a Universal show, this one seems like a natural (provided, ofcourse, the uncut non-syndicated versions of the episodes are available).

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
Remember that with any Universal title, unless there are existing transfers, we won't see it unless the bill gets footed for new remasterings. "Night Gallery" I can see why they'd do that, but an obscure title like "The Psychiatrist", no way.

I imagine we'll eventually see "Amazing Stories" and other Blu-Ray titles I could imagine them doing would be "Six Million Dollar Man", "Bionic Woman". "Incredible Hulk" (that's only in R2 on Blu Ray I believe) etc.

Sega

Second Unit
Real Name
Dan
The only thing I don't like about KL. Is the leave the CC are SDH off of about 75% things. They don't want to pay for the rights to keep it on. I do buy from them if the Movie,TV show has CC/SDH on it. I hope they get with it & put it on everything they put out. I know all kinds of people that would buy from them if they did it.

tsodcollector

Supporting Actor
Real Name
matthew baduria
Remember that with any Universal title, unless there are existing transfers, we won't see it unless the bill gets footed for new remasterings. "Night Gallery" I can see why they'd do that, but an obscure title like "The Psychiatrist", no way.

I imagine we'll eventually see "Amazing Stories" and other Blu-Ray titles I could imagine them doing would be "Six Million Dollar Man", "Bionic Woman". "Incredible Hulk" (that's only in R2 on Blu Ray I believe) etc.
maybe baretta,switch (70's television series),bj and the bear,with remastered elements from syndicated prints,amazing stories season 2,out of this world,and luckily amen,will be amazing tsod releases.

tsodcollector

Supporting Actor
Real Name
matthew baduria
weird science,is a usa network family/teen sitcom from the 90's,have only a tsod release in other countries.but not in the us,maybe kino lorber,might looked into this 90's family/teen television classic.

shoeshineboy

Second Unit
Real Name
dan olson
I'm hopeful "Banacek" is among the titles. Considering the many George Peppard films Kino has already released, and the fact "Banacek" is a Universal show, this one seems like a natural (provided, ofcourse, the uncut non-syndicated versions of the episodes are available).
I've got the Banacek dvd series released eight or so years ago - is it no good? Admittedly it's on the shelf with a few others unopened as of yet...

tsodcollector

Supporting Actor
Real Name
matthew baduria
Charles in charge,season one tsod,is getting are rerelease by kino lorber,would be great,and seasons 2-5 is sadly long out of print.but i used to got those at the local library back in the 2000's,sadly one of the discs got skipped,it's mostly damaged maybe kino lorber might looked into,this 80's television classic,on tsod,it would be great

Tom St Jones

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Thomas
I've got the Banacek dvd series released eight or so years ago - is it no good? Admittedly it's on the shelf with a few others unopened as of yet...
I wouldn't say it's 'no good' --- the pic quality is decent (for DVD), the discs are closed captioned for the hearing impaired (which is more than could be said for most third--party--label releases of the time) & remains the only release of the series in any format to date --- however, several of the episodes on the sets are the syndicated/edited versions.

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
I really can't envision "Banacek" making Blu-Ray ahead of "Columbo" which is the most popular of Mystery Movie shows.

tsodcollector

Supporting Actor
Real Name
matthew baduria
weird science,might get a tsod release,here in the us,would be great.and maybe the bold type seasons 3-5,and complete savages has not been released because of the fallout with mel gibson,and icon productions,long before his meltdown,in the 2000's,and his racist comments,might not be possible.but it's on my tsod unreleased,but i don't know what they gonna do.

tsodcollector

Supporting Actor
Real Name
matthew baduria
Out Of This World,is a great show,from the 80's,That Deserves A Tsod release,would be great.And also Amen is a classic 1980's/90's NBC sitcom,that stars sherman hemsley,and clifton davis,Deserves a Tsod Release.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks