What's new

John Wayne Films on Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

John Hermes

Screenwriter
Real Name
John Hermes
The Sons of Katie Elder Blu-ray is being released by Paramount on September 15, 2020. Hooray! :rock: FINALLY!!

1594601993237.png

Details
Title:The Sons of Katie Elder
Genre:Westerns
Starring:Michael Anderson, Jr., John Wayne, Dean Martin, Martha Hyer, Michael Anderson Jr., Earl Holliman, Karl Swenson
Director:Henry Hathaway
Attributes:Widescreen, Mono Sound, Subtitled, Dubbed
Release Date:9/15/2020
Original Year:1965
Product Type:Blu-ray
Rated:UNR
Catalog #:59213218000
UPC:032429346728
Item #:2310352X
Technical Information
Street Date:9/15/2020
Dubbed:FRE
Original Language:ENG
Subtitles:ENG, FRE
Run Time:122 minutes
Studio:Paramount

Last edited:

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
The Sons of Katie Elder Blu-ray is being released by Paramount on September 15, 2020. Hooray! :rock: FINALLY!!

View attachment 75382
Details
Starring:Michael Anderson, Jr., John Wayne, Dean Martin, Martha Hyer, Michael Anderson Jr., Earl Holliman, Karl Swenson
Technical Information
On Saturday, I listed it on the forum's Amazon Pre-order Listing.

Rick Thompson

Screenwriter

View attachment 75382
Details
Technical Information
Hooray! Maybe the other John Wayne films will finally be released (or escape!).

darkrock17

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andrew McClure
Good news about Sons but top of the list for me is In Harm's Way, my favourite JW film.

What's the hold up on that title and Donovan's Reef? Also Hatari! could use a new remaster after WB botched it up back when they briefly distributed part of Paramount's library a couple of years ago.

Alan Tully

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
Good news about Sons but top of the list for me is In Harm's Way, my favourite JW film.

Yeah, it's not my favourite Duke film, but I really like it. In the UK, Film Four showed a beautiful HD transfer, so I know a Blu-ray would look good. I do think it'll be released now, either from Paramount or a company they license to (maybe an Aussie release).

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
What's the hold up on that title and Donovan's Reef? Also Hatari! could use a new remaster after WB botched it up back when they briefly distributed part of Paramount's library a couple of years ago.
WB was simply a distributer for Paramount. They released what Paramount provided to them. So we can blame Paramount for the poor master of Hatari. Paramount hasn't been very interested in catalog titles for the last 6 years so we are lucky to be getting Sons of Katie Elder but hopefully they are having a change of heart and will be releasing the other Wayne films soon.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Perhaps it’s a reference to Kim Darby who played Miri on that Star Trek episode and also co-starred with The Duke in True Grit.
there's no telling. that guy is crazy! lol

I was probably craving TG so much. I'd watched the remake which is fantastic and wanted to wait. It is definitely time to spin it. Last western I watched was weeks back, TGTBATU or GBU for even shorter. Tuco running around the cemetery sure does break up. It was worse on my panny plaz then this samsung though. Would love a version that is smooth. oops.. and John Wayne could have been a relentless sheriff chasing them throughout the movie. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks