What's new

JBL S38 series (1 Viewer)

Oscar_R

Second Unit
their seem to be two derivatives the S38II and the S38BCH.

both are the same price, any differences between the two?

I Just bought a JBL's N38II speakers to use with my Pioneer VSX-810D AV Receiver and they sounds AWESOME!! I definitely can recommend you the JBL.

Brian Warren

Stunt Coordinator
have any of ya compared em to the s26's? just wonering what the differences are in sound
thanks
brian

Boka

Stunt Coordinator
IMHO -
THE S-38II is a newer version of the S-38. I talked to JBL customer service and they said the differences are all cosmetic rather than electronic. Basically needed to drum up sales on the Studio Series line so they made a few colour changes and called it the latest greatest.

The S-38BCH you are referring to is probably the beech (or is it beach) coloured version of the original S-38.

IMHO: I heard both S38 and S38II (costing here the same), and I preferred the S38II because: a) The sound was cleaner and louder (a litle bit), b) They looked nicer, c) They're more stable [yes, the S38 base is very unstable].

I can recommend the S38II over the 26s due the bigger size and better [for me] sound. The 26s are a option if you doesn't have enough space (perhaps to put them on a shelf).

Jean H//

Adam Bluhm

Supporting Actor
Maybe he's thinking of the N38's. They are very forward heavy and promote tipping. I think the S38's are as solid as you get. You'd need a baseball bat to shake that from it's shelf.

Hey you're right, I was thinking about the N' series (Northridge ones). I apologies for the mistake.

Best regards,
Jean H//

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks