JBL Speakers?

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by Walt H, Jul 20, 2004.

1. Walt H

Walt H Stunt Coordinator

I have a pair of JBL S38 speakers (Mains) and the JBL S-Center speaker. The S Series are really good speakers. I wonder why JBL discontinued their S series excpet for a sub and the S36AWII? They are continuing the Northridge Series, although they changed the style. The Studio Series were suppoed to be better speakers than the Northridge Series. Anyone have any ideas about this?

2. Phil Iturralde

Phil Iturralde Screenwriter

I emailed JBL Customer Support and here's a copy of that email I received on 3 Oct 2003 ...

Keep an eye on the JBL website!
    Phil

3. Kenneth Harden

Kenneth Harden Screenwriter

Ohhhh, that could be good news!

4. Walt H

Walt H Stunt Coordinator

Thanks for the heads up Phil. Just my luck I just ordered a pair of JBL E10's to upgrade my surrounds. There shouldn't be that much difference between my S-Series fronts and the Northridge for rears. I think I heard one of the key factors in timbre matching is the tweeter and the E10 has the same "titanium" tweeter as the S-Series.

5. DorianBryant

DorianBryant Screenwriter

I use S38II's with the EC35 center and N26's and N24's (back) for surrounds and it works great. Even though the S38's use a 1 inch full titanium tweeter vs the 3/4 inch titanium laminate for the E and N series, they blend very well.