What's new

Press Release Warner Archive Collection Press Release: The Alaskans: The Complete Series (1959-1960) (Blu-ray) (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
438241150_857311813101167_2969265539469193569_n.jpg

Coming to Blu-ray on June 25th from the Warner Archive Collection!
New 2024 1080p HD masters from 4K scans of the original camera negatives.

THE ALASKANS (1959-60)
8 BD-50 Disc Set
1944 Minutes
B&W
16x9 1.33:1 with side mattes
DTS-HD MA 2.0
English SDH

Cast: Roger Moore, Jeff York, Dorothy Provine

Set against the backdrop of the 1890s gold rush in the Yukon, Roger Moore, Jeff York and Dorothy Provine star in The Alaskans. This Warner Bros. Television series built on the growing popularity of the studio’s westerns which became a mainstay on ABC in the late 1950s and early 1960s, with . Years before establishing himself as The Saint and later James Bond, Moore brought his unique stylish swagger to the series, adding distinctive class to the role of Silky Harris, an adventurer who teams up with his friend Reno McKeean (Jeff York). Joined in their ever-exciting activities by showgirl Rocky Shaw (Dorothy Provine), the trio stake their luck, love and lives on ice-coated gambles for riches and survival. The series also had the benefit of an impressive array of guest stars including James Coburn, Efrem Zimbalist Jr., Troy Donahue, Lee Van Cleef, Neil Hamilton, Alan Hale, Werner Klemperer, and Julie Adams to name but a few. Long unavailable for viewing in any media, the series has now been remastered in 1080p HD for this Warner Archive Blu-ray™ release, derived from new 4K scans of the original camera negatives.

Bob Gu

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bob Gudera
If that listed runtime is correct, 1944 minutes divided by 37 episodes equals 52.5 minutes. This means 'night of broadcast' length. Pre-credit sequences, teasers, scenes for next week, all bumpers going to commercials and coming back, the mid-break bumper inserted between the commercials. Maybe even the "brought to you by" sponsor announcements. And all the "produced by Warner Brothers" shields.

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
Surprise release of the year for sure. I guess maybe there may be hope for Roaring 20s after all!
I think my most wanted remaining Warner shows would have to be The Little People and Many Happy Returns, but I just don't think they'll happen. The Islanders would be a good one too. That was MGM's copy of the Warner formula.

LouA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Antonicello
Surprise release of the year for sure. I guess maybe there may be hope for Roaring 20s after all!
I think my most wanted remaining Warner shows would have to be The Little People and Many Happy Returns, but I just don't think they'll happen. The Islanders would be a good one too. That was MGM's copy of the Warner formula.
Just wondering, why you don’t think those shows couldn’t happen?
With this recent re-awakening of WBA’s TV releases, it seems anything could be possible. I’ve got my fingers crossed for Many Happy Returns, Room For One More, Father Of The Bride and Thin Man. I forgot about The Little People, a good show and something I’d love to see get a DVD release.
I think if The Alaskans does well, we’ll see some of these.

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
Just wondering, why you don’t think those shows couldn’t happen?
With this recent re-awakening of WBA’s TV releases, it seems anything could be possible. I’ve got my fingers crossed for Many Happy Returns, Room For One More, Father Of The Bride and Thin Man. I forgot about The Little People, a good show and something I’d love to see get a DVD release.
I think if The Alaskans does well, we’ll see some of these.
Thin Man I don't think would need any work since they remastered it for a run on Get-TV a few years ago. Surprisingly, they only ran it through once and not again. I missed a few at the beginning.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChrisHord
Recent bookmarks