What's new

JBL S vs. N vs. E (1 Viewer)

Josh*B

Auditioning
I was wondering what everybody think's of the JBL Northridge E series compared to the N series and the studio S series. I decided to go all E series with my setup, so I Picked up the E50's for the back speakers and an EC35 center speaker over the S center and the S38's.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
You forgot L :D, which is the replacement for the Studio "S" line. The S are clearly better than the N and Es, IMO. The Es are the current model replacements for the Ns, and are quite similar.

Josh*B

Auditioning
Thanks for the info. The l series are out of my price range, but I really thought the e-50's and the ec35 would be better than the s center II and the s38's because they have a higher power rating. Are the S's really that much clearer?

Josh*B

Auditioning
I should also add I like to play music REALLY loud and I tend to push my speakers really really hard and i thought the e's would be better than the s's for that fact, but I really don't know!!!!

Greg-ST

Stunt Coordinator
AFAIK the only "significant" difference between the S series and the other two is that the S series all have pure titanium dome tweeters, while the others are titanium-laminate.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks