What's new

International IS PARIS BURNING (1 Viewer)

Ernest

Supporting Actor
IS PARIS BURNING is a very good WW II movie with an international cast that includes Jean-Paul Blemondo, Alain Delon, Charles Boyer and many more along with the great Kirk Douglas is now available on Blu-ray from Amazon Japan. The audio is in Japanese and English with a Region Code of "A". The movie was intended to be shot in color but the French objected to the display of red and black Nazi flags. To resolve the disagreement the movie was shot in black and white. The pictures on the back of the Blu-ray cover are all in color with the word "Technicolor" displayed. Maybe just a misprint I ordered the Blu-ray and will be very surprised if the movie is in color.

Attachments

• Paris.jpg
    Paris.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 63

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
When you get it, let us know if it's the Roadshow version that's on the domestic DVD. I have a feeling that it's a likely candidate for the Paramount Presents line.

Angelo Colombus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Angelo Colombus
Been looking at that but the total cost for me to buy it is around $50. Will wait for a sale or Paramount releases it on Blu-ray just like with In Harms Way. I did stream a HD version from Directv for a $4 rental and the image did look good and better than my dvd.

Alan Tully

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
A few months ago this was on an obscure TV channel that showed a lot of old transfers, it was so sharpened that the picture was shimmering all the time. I didn't mind, as I haven't seen the film in decades, but what put me off was the sound sync, all the dialogue was obviously recorded post, & the lip sync was all over the place. I wonder if that will be better on a new transfer (I found some of The Train to be like that, American voices coming out of French actors mouths, with the lip sync not quite right).

JFKarr

Grip
Real Name
John Karr
This is good news to me; I'm a Belmondo and Delain fan. Yet I'll wait for a domestic release price. On the subject of those two guys, does anyone think there'll ever be a Blu of Borsalino? It's at the top of my much-desired list, along with Los Torantos.

James Luckard

Second Unit
Real Name
James Luckard
I hope we get a Paramount disc that includes the original French track, like their DVD. Since so much of the film involves French actors, I prefer to watch it that way, and just switch to English for the few English scenes. It's only a shame they didn't include a German track too on the DVD.

commander richardson

Second Unit
Real Name
martyn
This is good news to me; I'm a Belmondo and Delain fan. Yet I'll wait for a domestic release price. On the subject of those two guys, does anyone think there'll ever be a Blu of Borsalino? It's at the top of my much-desired list, along with Los Torantos.
This is a GREAT movie [ Is Paris Burning ] and they really do not make films like this anymore. Fantastic cast wonderful music and superb photography . I really want this on BD with English sub-titles as my hearing is not what it used to be . Borsalino should have been out years ago for us guys who speak English and is excellent .

ptb2017fr

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Paul Bale
It was shown recently on French television in a bizarre version that started with Germans speaking German and French French, then suddenly everyone was speaking English, then again suddenly the French were speaking French, the Americans also, then English, all with French subtitles of course being shown in France. The picture quality was good but not exceptional, so hoping for a better thought out disc

Angelo Colombus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Angelo Colombus
Tempted to buy the Japanese Blu-ray but at a cost of over $50 is too much for me plus i have not read any official reviews of the picture quality.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks