What's new

UHD Review A Few Words About A few words about...™ - Gunfight at the O.K. Corral -- in 4k UHD (1 Viewer)

Keith Cobby

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Keith Cobby
Mine will take a bit longer to arrive. I was driving my son (16) yesterday and out of nowhere he started talking about westerns (having previously shown no interest). He knows I've ordered the 4k and we will wait for this rather than spin the blu ray, intend to watch Tombstone in the meantime. I may do the western challenge and post his comments as well.

Reed Grele

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Reed Grele
Wow!!! And I thought that my old Blu ray looked good. I can now see every pock mark, scar, and pore on Burt Lancaster's face!!!

Paul_Warren

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Paul
Mine arrived today from Amazon US.

Just had to watch it when I got in from work....stunning UHD amazing colours, intense detail, & sounds perfect. Caught so many new details in just the title sequence alone you can now clearly see the wind blowing the wire fence as they approach it on the horses...on the BD it was not clear if it was gate weave or the wind...now its very clear its the wind blowing it gently! Stunning detail & the bigger your display the better this will be as VistaVision means its got a lot of detail to give :)

But the acting & story are just so charming & engaging its an easy film to watch start to finish in 1 sitting. All time classic western & I just hope we get many more 1950s ,60s, 70s classics which look as good as this before the physical media is retired!

Hope they try to do The Big Country next as the current BD looks great but I feel the UHD would be an improvement!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks