What's new

iPhone X pre-order and owners thread (1 Viewer)

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
I was gonna order the black leather folio but held off for now, ordered black silicone instead. If I don't like that I will upgrade to the Folio.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
You guys lucked out, mine said delivers two to three weeks, nov 17 to 24. I still had issues with Apple Pay that delayed my order, would not work until delivery was to my home. But I specified pick up at an Apple Store. i preferred to pick up, but maybe when shipping confirmation comes, we'll find out where it's really going.

Joseph Bolus

Senior HTF Member
Got one!

I ended up with a 256 GB Silver with delivery on 11/07.

I couldn’t get in until about 2:06 AM. (2:00 was the start time in my time zone.). I decided to go with the silver since it more closely resembled my original iPhone. (Of course, it will be in a case anyway.)

This is my first new iPhone in three years and I CAN’T WAIT to get it in my hands!

Joseph Bolus

Senior HTF Member
Nelson,

Did you try for the Space Gray? I was going to order that initially but then I read that in a recent survey 64% of the potential iPhone X purchasers were going for the Space Gray. That’s one of the reasons I went for the Silver instead!

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Joseph, I had decided for the Silver color weeks ago. :) I liked that the stainless steel band would be clear stainless and not tinted space grey. I also got the leather case and Apple Care.

Maybe because the silver is less popular as you found Joseph, I'll get my shipment earlier? :)

I hope that I can go into my order and change the shipping location. It said I had check back later to edit my order.

Joseph Bolus

Senior HTF Member
Ooops! I just (more carefully) read the email. I’ll be getting the CASE on 11/07.
The iPhone X won’t ship for two-to-three weeks :(.

At this point I’m wondering just how many units they actually had available for this preorder.
(Still better than 6-10 weeks)

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Hey sorry Joseph. We're in the same boat. Two to three weeks out is better then 5-6 weeks out, agreed.

But I'm thinking like Sam's post above. Let hope Apple is the Miracle Worker!

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I’m a little surprised there’s isn’t that many members reporting they bought the iPhone X. I guess the numbers here are few who wanted one. Understandable given the cost and the limited inventory and the recent iPhone 8 release and the uncertainty of the Face ID technology.

Since the preorders appear to be sold out very quickly, I have to wonder if the initial stock was very large. I haven’t had time to read over the news stories about how quickly the iPhone X sold out yet.

Of course there will be walk-in sales next Friday. So it will be interesting to see how the lines look at the stores.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I'm looking forward to seeing the iPhone X. A friend in the neighborhood ordered one, and in time to get it next week.

I was in a hotel room in L.A. so I could have stayed up to midnight and ordered one, had that been my goal (and not bought the 8+). I think I made the right choice for myself waiting a year or so for the X upgrade. But we'll see. I might have severe buyer's remorse in a couple weeks. :)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
I bought the black folio case for $99. It's expensive, but I like the idea that it has a cover that wakes and puts the phone to sleep as well as holding a few credit cards and/or receipts.

I also just bought the Mophie Wireless Charging Pad

https://www.apple.com/shop/product/HL812/mophie-wireless-charging-base?fnode=42

I spent a lot of time doing research on the best charging device. Mophie came out on top and it also outputs 7.5+ watts of power which is needed for quick-charge whenever it becomes available on the iPhone 8 and X through a software update by year's end.

You can't get the Mophie on Amazon. It's not available yet. Apple seems to be one of the few retailers that has it.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I’m trying wait for Apple’s airpower thing before buying any inductive charger. I don’t like the look of the current pucks and have heard they can be fussy. I want something that lets me drop my phone almost carelessly while half asleep.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks