What's new

iPhone X pre-order and owners thread (2 Viewers)

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
I'm stuck upgrading through Verizon, so it looks like I'll be planted in front of my computer at 12:01AM on the 27th.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
If preorders become available at 12:01AM EDT, it would be 9:01PM on the 26th for me in Phoenix. But it looks like availability will be based on Cupertino time?

Joseph Bolus

Senior HTF Member
By the way, I’m committed to being up at 2:01 AM (my time) tomorrow night in order to try to snag a 256 GB Space Gray iPhone X. But if, like the original Apple Watch, the order comes back with a “delivery in 6-10 weeks” notification, I may cave and go for an iPhone 8 Plus.

My iPhone 6 is on it’s last legs (have to charge it every 4 hours) and I’m not going to be able to wait another 2 1/2 months ...

Last edited:

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I’ll be there with you guys awake and ready to order at 12:01am.

There’s one thing I’m worried about, and curious if you guys experienced this because I want to try to resolve it. The last time I tried to pre-order something, I think it was the first iPad Pro, I did it on my iPhone 6 and used Apple Pay as I was trying to get the order in as fast as I could. But it was refusing to accept the Apple Pay because of one of the shipping parameters. I think because I was trying to ship it to my place of work, but billing address is my home. I tried to make the office address as my default but it just would not work. I ended up ordering via my iPad using my credit card.

I’ve set up the iPhone X as a favorite this time so that should speed up the ordering process a little and I’ll try it first with my iPhone 6 and pay with Apple Pay. Maybe iOS 11 fixed some of these issues? If it does not work, I’ll try it on my iPad Pro with the credit card. :(

Joseph Bolus

Senior HTF Member
Nelson,

I’ll be using the iPad Pro with the Apple store app.

I preordered the iPhone 8 for my daughter that way a few weeks ago — and had it shipped to my business address — without issue.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Thanks a lot for that info Joseph. I have Apple Pay set up in the iPhone only. So maybe it will work. I could set up Apple Pay in the iPad Pro as a back up.

That’s great news it worked for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks