What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

iPad 3 strongly rumored for October (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
To comment further on what Dave noted....

I am actually tethering from my iPhone 4 (via AT&T)

to my laptop while I am at work.

I find the download speed to be remarkably fast with

3G access. I mean, pages come up very quickly and

with all the jpeg uploading that I do, I don't wait very long

for images to complete.

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Joseph Bolus

Senior HTF Member
Several sites are now "reporting" the iPad HD to be released in the 4th QTR with 'Retina' display, better cameras, and increased storage (up to 128 GB). The stories all point to this being a "Pro" version of the iPad -- aimed at "Professionals and/or Graphics Artists" -- and that it will *not* replace the iPad 2 in the lineup. A lot of people are describing it as a Macbook Air running iOS 5 -- but without the physical keyboard. The same sources are stating that Apple is finally on the verge of closing the demand window a little for the iPad 2. It's now down to a 3-5 day delivery window at the online Apple store. http://thisismynext.com/2011/07/07/iphone-5-design-ipad-hd-iphone-4s/ http://www.appleinsider.com/articles/11/07/08/apple_reflecting_dramatic_improvements_in_ipad_2_availability.html

Ted Todorov

Senior HTF Member
"...downloading the TomTom app...": The one frustration with the super fast Italian 3G has been that you are not alowed to download apps or podcasts > 20mb unless you are on WiFi. At least large in-app downloads, like the latest 160mb NewYorker issue do work over 3G. And yes, what Joseph said -- made for FCP X & Aperature iPad editions.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Originally Posted by Joseph Bolus

A lot of people are describing it as a Macbook Air running iOS 5 -- but without the physical keyboard.

Accounts I've read describe the MacBook Air as an iPad running OS X :) The notion is Jobs looked at the iPad and said, give me a laptop that boots and responds that quickly!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tim86
Recent bookmarks