What's new
World Wide Stereo

Infinity PS-12 Subwoofer (1 Viewer)

Mike-Gr

Grip
Need opinions about this subwoofer..... people have gave it good reviews at crutchfield.com

This sub would be used mostly for HT. I was considering this sub since I have Infinity in-wall/in-ceiling speakers already..... plus electronics-expo.com has it for $250.

Thanks in advanced for any comments.

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Mike-Gr

Grip
The room is a T shape.... and roughly maybe somewhere between 2500 and 2800 cubic feet.

I really didn't want to spend more than $300.00.

I am about all researched out from all the reading I have done on the web and this forum.

Barry_B_B

Second Unit
Real Name
Barry
If you're looking for theater-like performance, your budget restriction won't net you a sub that will make you happy in a room that size :frowning:

Barry_B_B

Second Unit
Real Name
Barry

(sorry for the double-post)

If you're looking for theater-like performance, your budget restriction won't net you a sub that will make you happy in a room that size :frowning:

Arthur S

Senior HTF Member
There is a way to get around your budget limitation. Nearfield placement. For $280 or less, the BIC 100-H can be had from an several authorized sources. Apparently designed by Dr. Hsu, this sub, if you place it NEARFIELD, either beside or right behind your listening position, will get the job done, without the room anomalies associated with typical placement.

There has been virtually no discussion on this forum of the benefits of nearfield placement, but they are very real and tangible.

If you want further info on the BIC H-100, send me a Private Message, it is easy :)

Mike-Gr

Grip
I guess so far no one has the Infinity PS-12 sub to provide any user info on this sub. Was curious about this subs performance for a HT setup.

I have read good things about the Bic H-100.

The Inifinity PS-12 is 12 " 300 watt RMS and the Bic H-100 is 12" 150 watt RMS.

Comparing the wattages.... does wattage really matter or is the contruction and components of the sub more important. Could a 150 watt sub fill a room better than a 300 watt sub????

Any good downfiring subs in the $300 range. I have a 2 year old.... and thinking he might like to mess with a frontfiring sub.

Thanks....

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I would say for a room that size, depending on how much bass you are looking for, you'll probably need 2 of either of those subs.

Wattage is important but as you noted, quality of components and the specific components used can play a large role.

I would seriously try to stretch the budget a bit, or hold off until you can look at something like the SVS 25-31PCi which is ~$550.

IMO, getting a decent sub up front means you will be much less likely to be upgrading sooner rather than later.

Arthur S

Senior HTF Member
Mike

I don't know if your spouse will accept it, however, if you get an 100-H and place it directly behind the seating position, facing into the seating, or directly to the side, again facing right into your seating, you will have dealt with the curious child issue, and get that bass firing right at you.

Again, no one wants to discuss nearfield placement just yet, but Dr. Hsu has a specialized sub coming designed precisely for nearfield placement that will just crush just about everything else out there (120db in its operating range), and with great articulation, for about $400.

If you want to discuss this further, please send me a Private Message.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gemini007
Recent bookmarks