What's new
World Wide Stereo

In ceiling speakers (1 Viewer)

BigMan

Agent
Real Name
John
Hello everyone. I'm adding a new room to my house. Dimensions are about 8'x12'. I'm looking to add in-ceiling speakers for either music playing (from a phone) or for a TV.

How will I go about doing this? I have a home theater system and I have experience with building those (getting AVRs, speakers, wiring, connecting, etc.). I'm wondering if I can do this with just a 3.5mm wall jack or if I will need an amplifier or a receiver?

Can anyone suggest parts please? Any help will be appreciated.

Thank you

BigMan

Agent
Real Name
John
schan1269 said:
Speakers need something for amplification. Nobody makes a "self powered in-wall/ceiling".
There an in wall solution for that?

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Quick Google search of...Standalone in-Wall amplified 3.5Yielded a few hundred options.Mcmelectronics had one The size of a standard light switch that also contained a Mic input for paging purposes.If 15wpc at 4 ohm is enough...(which is all the power all off these hundreds you are going to find, have)If not, run the speaker wire to a spot*, and connect anything you want there.*Where I live you must use binding post wall plates. And of course...the CL rated wire.

BigMan

Agent
Real Name
John
Thanks a lot for you input! Greatly appreciated!
schan1269 said:
Quick Google search of...Standalone in-Wall amplified 3.5Yielded a few hundred options.Mcmelectronics had one The size of a standard light switch that also contained a Mic input for paging purposes.If 15wpc at 4 ohm is enough...(which is all the power all off these hundreds you are going to find, have)If not, run the speaker wire to a spot*, and connect anything you want there.*Where I live you must use binding post wall plates. And of course...the CL rated wire.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryH12
Recent bookmarks