What's new

HT set-up with in-wall/in-ceiling speakers and cathedral ceiling (1 Viewer)

ciuycjsgfvbn

Auditioning
Real Name
Bryce
Hello, all.

We’re rebuilding our garage with a large (~30’x22.5’) room atop it, which will have a cathedral ceiling, running from the walls (at 6’ and change) up to 13’ at the peak.

One of the end walls will have a gas fireplace with a TV above it, and I’m trying to sort out how to install a halfway decent home theater setup notwithstanding what I imagine may be the less-than-ideal acoustics of the space. The aesthetics will be quite streamlined — in-wall speakers, hidden subs, etc. — and the room will have a lot of hardwood and glass. I expect the main constraint to be design rather than cost.

The folks installing stuff suggested 2 Sonance in-ceiling speakers (mainly for music) plus a Sonos soundbar beneath the TV. I strongly suspect this room will swallow TV dialogue from that or any soundbar and that Atmos programming won’t work super well given room shape and whatnot.

I’ve looked up the standard advice online but not much seems to apply to a room like this. Hive-mind of Reddit, what would you advise?

Would I be better off with in-wall front channel speakers instead of or in addition to the soundbar (e.g., using the soundbar as a sort of center channel)? Would additional ceiling speakers be helpful or not so much? Was thinking of two subs (one on either side of the TV) — is this the right idea?

Thank you in advance for any ideas and guidance!

Attachments

• IMG_0137.jpeg
    IMG_0137.jpeg
    588 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_0138.jpeg
    IMG_0138.jpeg
    32.7 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_0136.jpeg
    IMG_0136.jpeg
    280.4 KB · Views: 18

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jack_graham861
Recent bookmarks