What's new

How Do I Shrink My Windows Save Image Box So It Isn't Taking Up My Entire Screen? (1 Viewer)

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
A few days ago when I was posting some screenshots in my Facebook Group, I somehow managed to change the Save Image setting so it now takes up almost the entire screen size.

The problem is I seem to be unable to reverse this, and it is a really big problem for me!

Can somebody please tell me how to fix this? I've been searching online for a few days now, and I haven't been able to find a solution! :(

CHEERS! :)

Screenshot 2023-05-26 165629.jpg

Last edited:

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I'm not a Windows user, but on Mac that's usually solved by hitting the ESC key.

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
A few days ago when I was posting some screenshots in my Facebook Group, I somehow managed to change the Save Image setting so nit now takes up almost the entire screen size.

The problem is I seem to be unable to reverse this, and it is a really big problem for me!

Can somebody please tell me how to fix this? I've been searching online for a few days now, and I haven't been able to find a solution! :(

View attachment 185146
You need to be a bit more specific...

How are you calling up the "Save Image" feature?

Jason Goodmanson

Second Unit
Real Name
Jason
What you need to do is change the circled setting to something other than Extra large icons or Large icon. In my screenshot below, it's set to list, so it's literally just a list. I think you have your set to Extra large or Large.

1685163321561.png

1685163346224.png

LeoA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Leo
It looks quite different for me, but maybe it's because I'm still on Windows 10.

In case things don't match your example for the topic creator, you can also get there in Windows 10 by right clicking any blank space in the folder with your mouse and selecting the view option, where you'll be presented with those same options.

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
Thank you, but it isn't the size of the thumbnail icons that are the issue, which I can easily change, as illustrated in the bottom two shots. It is the size of the entire box in which they are housed that I currently cannot change! It's become a huge problem for me, as I'm attempting to demonstrate in these screenshots.

Below is my FB interface in which I edit my 'Our Gang' short screenshots that I have taken from my RHI-Entertainment DVDs and ClassicFlix Centennial Edition Blu-rays. I take hundreds of shots for each version of each short, and narrow it down to around 30 for each for side by side comparisons, using the Add Photos/Videos function.
Screenshot 2023-05-27 at 07-44-56 THE LITTLE RASCALS The ClassicFlix Blu-ray_RHI DVD Screensho...png

After selecting the first image from the RHI DVD, I'll navigate to my ClassicFlix Blu-ray screenshot file box to find a screenshot image that matches up closely as possible for various visual quality/cropping comparisons. To do this effectively, I need the box below to take up no more than about 1/4 of my total screen size, NOT the whole damn 32 inch TV screen (OK, technically it's probably about 98-99%, SIGH!), UGH!! I wish I knew what buttons I pressed on my keyboard that triggered this change in size, but so far I've tried everything I can think of and NOTHING has worked so far! This has made my self appointed task much more time consuming, and a lot less fun!!
Screenshot 2023-05-26 165629.jpg
Screenshot 2023-05-27 074702.jpg

I hope this better demonstrates my dilemma! Also, I should add that every attempt to save stuff anywhere produces this extreme full size screen box!

Last edited:

John Dirk

Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
JOHN
Looks like you've inadvertently entered full screen mode. Pressing "F11" should restore windowed mode.

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
Looks like you've inadvertently entered full screen mode. Pressing "F11" should restore windowed mode.
F11 only affects the windows screen, itself. It changes nothing regarding my full screen size Windows explorer upload box. I wish it were that easy!

Thanks though, John. This one has me totally baffled!

John Dirk

Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
JOHN
Hmm... I haven't been able to reproduce this and have limited time at the moment. If you haven't already, try dragging with your mouse from the top of the window. This "should" restore it to a smaller size.

Bob Gu

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bob Gudera
Hi, Tony, try this. Click on the Firefox icon at the left top corner. If you get this menu, click 'Restore'.

Screenshot 2023-05-27 092335.jpg

My question is why does my screen shot, created 20 minutes ago, have yesterday's date?

Last edited:

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
It’s not “Save As” specifically but the top left icon that holds core windows size tools for Windows.

Also could have dragged the lower right corner to manually size the window. I see the drag ridges in your screenshots, so seems like that standard interface element was also active and available.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks