What's new

ISN'T IT ABOUT TIME FOR A COMPREHENSIVE MARILYN MONROE Blu-ray set?!? (1 Viewer)

AlanP

Screenwriter
Real Name
BAP
Mill Creek has acquired a portion of the FOX library to license some of their from Disney. I wonder if Marilyn's film are part of the acquisition ?

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
Mill Creek has acquired a portion of the FOX library to license some of their from Disney. I wonder if Marilyn's film are part of the acquisition ?
I think it's been established that the Mill Creek releases will be reissues of titles previously released on blu ray, mostly by Kino when they had their Disney deal.

Worth

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick Dobbs
I think it's been established that the Mill Creek releases will be reissues of titles previously released on blu ray, mostly by Kino when they had their Disney deal.
Yes. No new titles, no format upgrades.

AlanP

Screenwriter
Real Name
BAP
I never purchased any of the MM titles on BR, so with Mill Creek, this might be my opportunity to get them.......

titch

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Oppegaard
The German Capelight Pictures 4K UHD of The Misfits has also been released in the UK, with the digibook essay in English. I compared both the 4K UHD and the remastered blu-ray in the Capelight Pictures set, with the old blu-ray from 2011. As expected, the remastered edition looks nicer, and the 4K UHD has a superior grey-scale and contrast, compared to the blu-ray. I was a bit surprised that grain wasn't very prominent. Kino Lorber's 4K UHD titles from the MGM library from the same time are considerably grainier. Perhaps light filtering has been applied? Robert Harris would probably approve, as it more closely resembles a 35mm film print.

IMG_5477.jpeg

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
I was reading that PBS did a documentary on The Misfits several years ago. The Making of The Misfits is the title. I will look for it as I think it will be interesting to watch. Never knew about the documentary.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks