What's new

How do I get DVD Profiler to default to the "ALL" list? (1 Viewer)

WilliamG

Supporting Actor
When I launch the program, it goes immediately to "Owned" and jumps to Terminator 2. I want it to go to ALL and be at the top of list alphabetically. This wasn't a problem until reinstalling it after having a major crash on my computer and reformatting :frowning:

David Von Pein

Senior HTF Member
As far as I know, it ALWAYS defaults to "Owned", and lists collection by #, with most-recently-added on top.
That's always the way it's been for mine. (On the rare occasions when the Profiler website is actually NOT down. :))
I have no idea how to change it.
Perhaps someone else can add something.

WilliamG

Supporting Actor
Dmitry-
Sorry, but I *may* not have made myself exactly clear.:frowning: I'm not talking about the online version. It's the software OFFline on my computer that I'm having a problem with,so the link won't help. :b

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Under "Options/Display", select the option "Remember screen layout". That should allow you to default to an alphabetical listing. However, it seems to have no affect on owned vs. all.

Rocky F

Second Unit
Hey William,

I'm not really sure what you mean as far as All and Owned, but I can just click where it say "Name" and "Number", and toggle between alphabetalical listing and numerical listing.

I can't believe I didn't look at this thread last week, or I would have just talked to you about it yesterday. Oh well, see ya later.

Dmitry

Supporting Actor
Under "Options/Display", select the option "Remember screen layout". That should allow you to default to an alphabetical listing. However, it seems to have no affect on owned vs. all.
Actually, it doesn't affect the listing either. The last selected order will be used when you open next time regardless of the setting of the option (I have mine turned off and it still remembers the sorting).

WilliamG

Supporting Actor
Scott -
That option was already selected, so no luck ... I tried UNchecking it, closing the program, and re-opening, but it did the same thing: It opened under the "Owned" tab and Tombstone: Vista Series was highlighted. I can only wager that the highlighted movie changed from Terminator 2 because I added one to the collection over the weekend.
Rocky -
BINGO!
I just played around with that option a bit and it seemed to have no affect, either. BUT, when I clicked "Name", the little arrow next to it went UP instead of down. THEN, I went in Tools as Scott suggested; RE-checked "Remember Screen Layout" and everything is back to normal!:emoji_thumbsup: :) :emoji_thumbsup: I don't understand it ... and I know this all really seems convoluted, but trust me, it worked!
Thanks - and thanks to everyone else for your suggestions.
And Rocky, I'll talk to you later!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks