What's new
World Wide Stereo

help with speaker specs (1 Viewer)

steve mm

Agent
i have a box that is (out side dim)22x21.25x21.25 i think this would be 5 cub feet?internal.specs are fs 28,re(ohm)3.7, le(mh)3.3, qms 6.20, qes 0.52, qts 0.48, vas (cuft) 4.23, vas (liter) 120, power watts rms 200, power peak 400, spl db@1w1m 89, xmax inches 0.31, xmax mm 8, speaker displace cu ft 0.09 there are 2 12 inch drivers in the box could some one please run the numbers and see what i can do thank you

Arthur_King

Stunt Coordinator
Wow... lets see... after crunching some numbers you can...

Go to dinner.
See a movie.
read a book.
take a nap.
um... did I mention dinner?

I have no idea what you are asking. Are you looking to RE-USE the box with another driver? (then why all the QTS/QES/etc) Are you looking to re-use the drivers? (Then why the box dimensions) Are you looking to improve the existing unit? (then why ANY specs)

How about giving us a hint, or possibly a clue as to what information you expect us to provide...

Daffy Arthur King

steve mm

Agent
yes i am reusing the box and drivers (for now)i am trying to find out if i should go sealed or ported. it is ported at this time. with 2-4" ports 13.5 inches long .i would like to see if i can get a better responce than i do now from 80hz to 20 hz. i dont no how low it will play now or if it is even capable of 20 hz .the specs i gave are all i have for these drivers.i no there are some guys on this forum that no there s!!! and was hopping some of them could give me some input thank you

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Yes, you have to figure out what the internal volume is based on the internal dimensions of the enclosure, and subtract for driver volume and anything else that is taking up space inside the box.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Denapix
Recent bookmarks