help with speaker specs

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by steve mm, Feb 5, 2004.

1. steve mm

steve mm Agent

i have a box that is (out side dim)22x21.25x21.25 i think this would be 5 cub feet?internal.specs are fs 28,re(ohm)3.7, le(mh)3.3, qms 6.20, qes 0.52, qts 0.48, vas (cuft) 4.23, vas (liter) 120, power watts rms 200, power peak 400, spl [email protected] 89, xmax inches 0.31, xmax mm 8, speaker displace cu ft 0.09 there are 2 12 inch drivers in the box could some one please run the numbers and see what i can do thank you

2. Arthur_King

Arthur_King Stunt Coordinator

Wow... lets see... after crunching some numbers you can...

Go to dinner.
    See a movie.
    read a book.
    take a nap.
    um... did I mention dinner?

I have no idea what you are asking. Are you looking to RE-USE the box with another driver? (then why all the QTS/QES/etc) Are you looking to re-use the drivers? (Then why the box dimensions) Are you looking to improve the existing unit? (then why ANY specs)

How about giving us a hint, or possibly a clue as to what information you expect us to provide...

Daffy Arthur King

3. steve mm

steve mm Agent

yes i am reusing the box and drivers (for now)i am trying to find out if i should go sealed or ported. it is ported at this time. with 2-4" ports 13.5 inches long .i would like to see if i can get a better responce than i do now from 80hz to 20 hz. i dont no how low it will play now or if it is even capable of 20 hz .the specs i gave are all i have for these drivers.i no there are some guys on this forum that no there s!!! and was hopping some of them could give me some input thank you

4. steve mm

steve mm Agent

anyone?

5. Luitz

Luitz Stunt Coordinator

6. steve mm

steve mm Agent

thanks i do have to take in consideration of the 3/4 board for inside cube

7. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

Yes, you have to figure out what the internal volume is based on the internal dimensions of the enclosure, and subtract for driver volume and anything else that is taking up space inside the box.