What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Hank - season 1 (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Will have to add "Hank" to the dead pool suspects because it had a rough pilot episode, revolving around the character of Hank (Kelsey Grammer) and his family being pushed out from the big city to the slower country/suburbia-ish spot near his brother-in-law. Hank was a former CEO of a company that booted him out over a hostile takeover and Hank's finances took a beating as well.

The show is still very much like a stage production of a play, but the cast chemistry isn't all there, and not sure if Melinda McGraw is funny enough to play off Grammer's Hank, though I like her in more dramatic roles (had a nice run as Bobbie in Mad Men last season).

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Michael Harris

Screenwriter
At least I know why Jordan Hinsen's character left "Eureka" a year early to go to college. The way "Hank" has been skewered by the critics, I have a feeling she may be back on "Eureka" by the next season.

Michael Harris

Screenwriter
Given the length of this thread, no tears will be shed. I barely got through ten minutes of an episode before clicking the remote.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I watched a couple of episodes. Moderately amusing, but it never reached the level of "must see" television.

Joseph Bolus

Senior HTF Member
I just viewed my first and only ep of this series: The so-called "Thanksgiving Episode". Yecch!! It's fairly obvious that the only way this series got the green light initially was through the sheer star power of Kelsey Grammer. It's also now obvious that star power alone is not enough to carry a bad concept into a weekly series. Given the concept it's hard to envision even a half-dozen good situations for comedy here. Throw in weak (or miscast) supporting characters and this series was seemingly doomed from the start. The concept and cast for "Back to You" was a thousand times better. I'm still not exactly sure why that series was cancelled.

If Grammer really wants to continue acting (and it seems as though he does) perhaps he should consider a spinoff of Frasier!

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Originally Posted by Joseph Bolus /forum/thread/293516/hank-season-1#post_3628797

Sam Davatchi

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
SamD
Throw in weak (or miscast) supporting characters and this series was seemingly doomed from the start.
I love Frasier and have it on DVD but does anybody else also think that Frasier had miscast supporting characters as well?
I think Jane Leeves and Peri Gilpin were never funny actors. They had great parts written for them but they just didn't have it in them, but the show worked!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hilogisticz
Recent bookmarks