Batwoman - season 1 (The CW)

Adam Lenhardt

Director
Reaction score
Ruby Rose has quit the show! Batwoman will be recast!

That's crazy! I hope they have a new character take up the mantle rather than have a new actress play Kate Kane. It just pulls me out of the story too much when such a major character is recast.

NeilO

Producer
Reaction score
The Deadline article says
Warner Bros. Television, The CW and Berlanti Productions thank Ruby for her contributions to the success of our first season and wish her all the best,” the two companies said. “The studio and network are firmly committed to Batwoman’s second season and long-term future, and we — along with the show’s talented creative team — look forward to sharing its new direction, including the casting of a new lead actress and member of the LGBTQ community, in the coming months.”
So, we don't know yet just whether it is Katy Kane or Batwoman changing.

Jake Lipson

Executive Producer
Premium
Reaction score
Real Name
Jake Lipson
I don't watch this show, but even so I was sad to hear this news. It's Ruby Rose's decision to make, and no one should make her do something she doesn't want to do. However, I remember some internet trolls bashing her rather loudly when she was originally announced for the role last year. Her departure will probably have the unfortunate side effect of convincing those people that they "won," which is a bad thing for internet culture in general.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Premium
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Real Name
Tony D.
I didn’t like the show.
Watched up until Crisis and continued to record.
Deleted everything off the dvr last week.

Don’t care for her as Ana actress and she was especially stiff on this show.

The Alice stuff was beat to death and apparently still is a main plot point on the show.

It’s a shame they can’t do a Batman show. That’s what everyone really wants.

Last edited:

Jake Lipson

Executive Producer
Premium
Reaction score
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Also...this clue from today's episode of Jeopardy! has just been floating around Twitter. Obviously, the episode was taped several weeks ago prior to the pandemic, but the timing now becomes a little awkward/ironic:

Batwoman.png

Richard V

Cinematographer
Reaction score
Real Name
Richard
The Alice stuff was beat to death
Couldn't agree more, Good Lord, doesn't Batwoman have ANY other foes? I'd like to see them do something with Hush, retire Alice already!

As far as recasting Batwoman, why doesn't Julia Pennyworth assume the identity?

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandeepumtneha