What's new

FS: Sony SA-WM40 driver (1 Viewer)

Matt DeVillier

Supporting Actor
I swapped in a 1st-gen SVS driver for the stock one in my SA-WM40. If anyone want the original Sony driver (in mint condition), it's available for $10 + s/h (probably around $25 total)
email me at [email protected] with any questions etc
thanks
-Matt

EarleD

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Earle Decker
Matt

Just out of curiosity, how does the SVS driver sound in the Sony box?

Earle

Matt DeVillier

Supporting Actor
damn good =)

to be less vague, I'd say there is a good deal more output, it sounds a lot less boomy, and is louder at the same amp level.

Joe Hsu

Supporting Actor
How much did you pay for the SVS driver, and could you supply the model/item # as well? I have an SA-WM40 as well, it might be a good investment.

Mike_A

Stunt Coordinator
hmmm interesting - did the screw holes line up? any cutting necessary?

while this may work, it's probably a waste of a really nice driver. it could do much better in bigger, stronger enclosure with more power. but if you're happy with it, that's what matters...

just my $0.02

Matt DeVillier

Supporting Actor
Joe,

it's the 1st-generation SVS driver that you see everyone selling here. I paid $40 + shipping (about $53).

Mike,

I needed to widen the opening about 3/8", and drilled new holes offset in between the original ones. I realize that the driver would perform a lot better in an enclosure designed for it. My SA-WM40 is going to be relegated to my computer setup as soon as my 20-39PCi arrives, so this was more of just something to do to tweak it. It sounds significantly better than the stock sony driver, so it was worth the small cost/time investment.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
royalserena
Recent bookmarks