What's new

Fraggle Rock DVD R2! (1 Viewer)

DaViD Boulet

Senior HTF Member
http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/...604807-9450001

It's just not fair.

Even though it's not the "complete" set it's got some of the best episodes and I'd HAVE to have it...but since it's R2 I'm sure that the sequenes with "Doc" are the British ones and not the characters I remember watching here in the U.S...that might keep me from enjoying an easy purchase.

So...when are we going to get a complete Fraggle collection for the R1 folks! I want them all and I want them in order! Where have I heard that before? :)

Craig Sherman

Stunt Coordinator
This may be a silly question, but do the Fraggles count as Muppets? If so, they may be part of the Disney deal that happened recently. Who knows, we may see the Disney logo on a Fraggle Rock set!

And while we're at it, let's get Muppets Tonight and The Jim Henson Hour out there!

BOMM,

CS

DaViD Boulet

Senior HTF Member
good question.

I think Henson kept the rights to the Fraggles, Farscape, story teller, and Sesame St. characters and only gave disney the basic "muppet" stuff. I guess in one sense all Henson puppets are "muppets" but in terms of branding I think the Fraggles are a separate deal.

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
Disney does not own Fraggles, only classic Muppet properties (Muppet Show and various spin-offs, movies and television series).

paul:hillsdon

Stunt Coordinator

DaViD Boulet

Senior HTF Member
This worries me as HIT seems to be oriented towards children. Why? Because they likely don't appreciate the now-adult fan-base for these programs and probably won't see much incentive to provide complete full-season sets for the collector.

Perhaps we need to get in touch with them, make them aware of the petition, and write them some nice fan-mail requesting full-season sets of Fraggle Rock (and other shows).

dave :D

Craig Sherman

Stunt Coordinator
Well, I have one thing to say to the kid-oriented HIT;

"SpongeBob SquarePants: The Complete First Season."

We have a precedent, people. Let's make it happen.

END TRANSMISSION

CS

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks