Fraggle Rock on DVD! (R2 France)

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by James Reader, Dec 2, 2002.

1. James Reader

James Reader Screenwriter

Found this browsing through the Amazon.fr site:
    Fraggle Rock 1-5 (26 episodes)
    However, I don't think this has English soundtrack (or even subtitles). In addition the lighthouse bits are bound to feature a different actor (Each territory had its own inserts filmed for the lighthouse keeper, eg. In the UK we had an old ship captain) Perhaps this explains the lack of English soundtrack?
    Eagle eyed viewers will also see a link on that page to a 26 episode collection of Muppet Show DVDs. Again, sadly I don't think these feature an English soundtrack.

2. Jerome

Jerome Second Unit

You are absolutely right, the Fraggle Rock and Muppet Show DVD Sets only contain french soundtracks.

If you want a good DVD featuring the Muppet SHow, check the Best of the Muppet Show released in England last year. It features the Making of (50 mins)Of Muppets and Men, 3 episodes (included the one with Star Swars) and a Best of Compilation of the Show.

Check amazon.co.uk

3. Bjorn Olav Nyberg

Bjorn Olav Nyberg Supporting Actor

Lighthouse keeper? Holy .... I considered myself a Fraggle rock fan from my childhood but I had no idea Doc was a lighthouse keeper or that it took place in a lighthouse!
    ----
    A little research shows that this was indeed different around the world... In Norway the entire bit was dubbed, including Doc, and from the description here I would say we got the North American workshop. The actor was certainly the guy in the top picture at the link.
    Live and learn... Now I must wait for a North American set though... I must see Doc again... Curiousity be damned...

4. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

We continue to nag HBO Home Video for Fragle DVDs

5. James Reader

6. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

Yes, they're just PAL versions of the same discs we have in the US. If you know someone here there are 15 volumes

7. James Reader

Are they the same? I wasn't aware that the American discs had compliations on them (the compilation on the first disc had a running time of over 1 hour)