What's new

Fraggle Rock announced on R2 DVD (1 Viewer)

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
Hey R2 Guys, you can dance your cares away!!!
This came from the muppet talk forum

Fraggle Rock is coming to Region 2 DVD (Europe).

It will be released in France on September 15th.

It will also have the Original English soundrtrack !

Im not sure how they will work out the British Matt segments tho, Or the British 'Captain' segments.

Extras -

Bloopers

Interviews

Making of Fraggle Rock

English/French Audio

It will be 30 episodes this year, And another 30 next year and then the remainder the year after.

They will be produced by LCJ Editions, a French DVD copmpany.

They also say that it is an Eternal Edition.

I think the actual release date might be Sept 17th. because the 15th is a sunday.

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
Please Please Please Please Please let this be released in R1. This will be the last straw to push me over the multi-region edge.

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
Was the human & dog different from country to country? Of course I'd prefer them as presented in the US, but would love to have access to any variant version as well.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
I guess they must have been different. I would expect the British version

FYI- I believe Fraggle Rock was shot in PAL, Henson did so much work in the UK so it shouldn't suffer speedup

MikeEckman

Screenwriter
OH MAN!!!!! I LOVE THIS SHOW! I wasnt much of a fan of any of the Jim Henson stuff except Labyrinth and Fraggle Rock!! I have two VHS tapes with two episodes each of some of the earlier episodes, but thats it. I would LOVE to get this on DVD!

RossH

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Ross Hudgins
I'd snap this up in a heartbeat! Only the best kids show ever! I have a Fraggle music CD and the VHS tapes from a few years back, but having Fraggles on DVD would be the best thing ever...even better than my Buffy DVDs. :D

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
No R1 version yet from Columbia, Disney (to the best of my knowledge, anyway...Luke B and DaViD Boulet may get better info from The Mouse), Henson, or Time/Life. :frowning:
My wife's gonna force me to get the Malata now...

Chris M

Second Unit
And that's a bad thing? That's a great little player (the 250) from the looks of it :)
I'm tempted as well, for this and Red Dwarf assuming it takes a while longer to get to R1.
Chris.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
David:

If Fraggles are coming from anywhere, it'd be HBO more than likely, since they were prime US financers.

Jeffrey Gray

Second Unit
A U.S. DVD release would probably be through Henson/Columbia-TriStar, since Henson owns the series. Or does CBC partly own it, too? HBO has no ownership of it, that's for sure.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
HBO was the outlet on which it aired in the US

Therefore, it's quite likely that HBO owns the US rights to the show. Their name is even on the cartoon series.

HENSON owns the property, but like the Disney Muppet movies, HBO owns the rights to distribute the footage.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks