What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

FOX wish list 2015. (1 Viewer)

haineshisway

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bruce
cinerama10 said:
You are right in that there is no mention of TODD-AO in the credits but it does have the overture, entracte and play-out music.I thought that the quality was brilliant. I did also see it in 70mm decades ago.
This is mind-boggling really. It's one of the single worst transfers I've ever seen. Brilliant quality? It's not off the large format negative, it has not one ounce of correct color and, in MY opinion it is so far away from brilliant that it beggars belief. Most who've seen it agree with that assessment for whatever it's worth, but I only offer my opinion.

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

haineshisway

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bruce
cinerama10 said:
It was originally a fox film-warners didn't have cinemascope in the very early fifties. The film was shown at the cinema where my parents worked and we never screened Warner's films.
Um, are you trying to be amusing in some way that's eluding everyone, or are you simply making it up as you go along. Bad Day at Black Rock was an MGM film - NEVER EVER Fox. EVER.

haineshisway

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bruce
Matt Hough said:
Yes, but I think it's been established that that release was not taken from Todd-AO elements and thus does not look as stunning as it could.
As I've said here and elsewhere, there is nothing even remotely stunning about the German Dolittle transfer - it is appallingly bad.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
haineshisway said:
Um, are you trying to be amusing in some way that's eluding everyone, or are you simply making it up as you go along. Bad Day at Black Rock was an MGM film - NEVER EVER Fox. EVER.
Yes, it's a MGM tilte, but can't you be nice in just saying that without the other verbiage.

haineshisway

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bruce
Robert Crawford said:
Yes, it's a MGM tilte, but can't you be nice in just saying that without the other verbiage.
Sorry, it was like the fifth wacky misinformed or incorrect post he'd made and I just wasn't "getting" it. :) I'll remember to check additional verbiage at the door.

Alan Tully

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
I think there was a new scan of Die Hard done a couple of years ago. Fox had a showing of it, & you could get tickets for it via this site. It would be great if they licensed it to Twilight Time. A limited number at a premium price wouldn't impinge on their regular version.

trajan

Screenwriter
Real Name
lar
Any love for TOYS? Barry Levinson film with Robin Williams. Great visual style that would benefit from bluray.

BRAD1963

Supporting Actor
Real Name
BRAD
A Good Year is being released in France on Feb 2. Hope that means a U.S. release is also coming.

Alan Tully

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
A Good Year is being released in France on Feb 2. Hope that means a U.S. release is also coming.
That's good news (sans forced subs of course). I'm not a big Ridley Scott fan, but I do like this film, I've seen it on TV in HD, but it didn't look any better than the DVD, so I'm thinking that it wasn't the real thing.

classicmovieguy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Byron
Douglas R said:
I'm still waiting for ANASTASIA which I assumed Fox were due to release because it was included in their vote last year. Better still would be if Twilight Time released it with an isolated score.
A strong indication that a Blu-ray of "Anastasia" *may* be waiting in the wings is the fact that the Studio Classics DVD is now OOP.

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
True Lies
The Abyss

Like many others here I am waiting on both these titles and hope 20th century releases them on 1080p bluray. I would love it if The Abyss was available on 4K UHD bluray as well as 1080p bluray.

YanMan

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Yannick
Dave Moritz said:
True Lies
The Abyss

Like many others here I am waiting on both these titles and hope 20th century releases them on 1080p bluray. I would love it if The Abyss was available on 4K UHD bluray as well as 1080p bluray.
The tragedy of this thread is that those two titles have been mentioned more times than any others, and the latest insider info that Ron provided suggests that these are not even on a release roadmap at Fox.

Also, Strange Days would be nice in 2015... there is even a 20th anniversary marketing opportunity on that one!

cinerama10

Supporting Actor
Real Name
peter
Douglas R said:
I'm still waiting for ANASTASIA which I assumed Fox were due to release because it was included in their vote last year. Better still would be if Twilight Time released it with an isolated score.
ANASTASIA is one of Fox's greatest classics ever. Brilliant casting, screenplay, music and direction. I saw it many times during it's original release and never forgot the final 6 words said by Helen Hayes in the closing scene.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SJeans123
Recent bookmarks