What's new

Fox TV Show "24" on DVD Soon (1 Viewer)

Mark Lee

Second Unit
Does this mean that Fox is unlikely to re-broadcast the series on TV (on FX, perhaps?) before season 2 starts? I'd rather not have to buy (or even rent) these discs just to be able to catch some of the episodes I missed....

GlennH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glenn
I think it was reported that Fox had no plans to rebroadcast Season 1 in repeats or on FX. Don't know if they will stick to that, but they would have to start pretty soon if they intended to do a weekly repeat.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
They aren't showing it on TV at all anymore in America. As someone mentioned, they are showing it in Canada.

tammy_alleman

Auditioning

i couldn't agree more. i saw the first 4-5 episodes and then work prevented me from continuing the series [don't ask why i didn't just tape it and watch later ... my home viewing situation is pathetic!!].

for $45 [pre-order] it is worth it to be able to view the entire season, and as mentioned, you could turn around and sell it when you're through. or think how excited a friend might be to get it as a birthday/holiday gift. if you would have spent $20-30 on them anyway, then you just got to watch the best series on TV in years for only $20 bucks.

in any case, i couldn't be more thrilled that the entire season is coming out on DVD, and i was totally expecting it to cost more, but when i found out the pre-order price, i went straight to amazon last night and bought my copy.

thanks for the great discussion on this thread. it's been so informative and if not for this, i might not have gotten the better pricing.

Gary Cliff

Stunt Coordinator
Is this series worth a repeat watching? DEFINITELY! I started watching the series over again (on the Canadian station), and it is fascinating to see the events unfurl, watching with knowledge of how the series ultimately turns out (especially watching for things like very subtle facial expressions of "one certain character" in light of what we find out in the last couple of episodes!)

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
The ironic thing about that "certain character" is that what happens to them in the last episode or two of the series and what is revealed was not originally planned. They wanted a person in their "situation" but decided who it would be around halfway through.

Gary Cliff

Stunt Coordinator
Morgan, that is very interesting! Can you recommend any specific sources for such tidbit of inside info on 24?

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
I thought that not exactly saying what happened would suffice...oh well, I'll use the tags and be more specific.

Gary-

I'm not sure where I read it, but I'm pretty sure it was in the 24 thread in the TV forum. Go dig it up and look around, there might be a link inside it.

luke cav

Stunt Coordinator
Many thanks to Fox's UK PR company who have been in touch with FOX in the U.S to ask about the U.S release of "24" As many of you know a couple of U.S DVD sites "announced" a R1 release last week that looked a lot better than the U.K release. However, Fix's UK PR tell us that the U.S announcement is mistaken, the US release is Dolby surround, not 5.1. It only has 1 alternate ending, with commentary--same as UK. They do have the season 2 preview from Kiefer which is on the U.K release. So now we know.

info from r2-dvd.org

Matt Goddard

Stunt Coordinator
I'm a bit perplexed by talk of an alternate ending, as in one alternate ending. It has been my understanding that they shot three endings for the show. I would hope they would give us all three endings, not just the official ending and only one of the two alternates. Hopefully it's just a matter of semantics and I'm just being paranoid.
I'm also still hoping that with or without additional footage each episode can still have a run time of 60 minutes.

James.M

Stunt Coordinator
Looks like its R2 all the way baby!

Maybe they don't want to reveal the other two endings? Did you ever think of that, they may want to use the ideas for those endings in upcoming plots, thats probably the reason, either that or they couldn't get clearance for them, which is also understandable.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
AFAIK the three alternate endings were...

1. The one we saw.

2.Teri is shot, but not dead

3.Teri doesn't get shot at all and is saved

James.M

Stunt Coordinator
In that case I wouldn't say the other two endings were anything to write home about then.

Chet_F

Supporting Actor
That is truelly a bummer :frowning: about no 5.1 though. Oh well. The super-duper deluxe collector's limited print edition will have it though...don't you think????;) I guess they need more money further down the road.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
They didn't do the show in 5.1, so I didn't expect them to do the DVD in it either.

About the other 2 endings...

If you think about it, they both had the same ending. Either way, Teri wasn't dead. There really is no reason to put both on the DVD

I'd be happy if they just slapped the series on DVD, sans menus, packaging, etc. so long as it looks and sounds good. Everything else is just extra.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks