What's new

Fox TV Show "24" on DVD Soon (1 Viewer)

Justin_S

Senior HTF Member
Awesome! 24 is the best TV series since TWIN PEAKS, and I REALLY want the whole show on DVD! The sooner it is released, the better! Also, can't wait till the final episode this Tuesday!

Mark Kalzer

Second Unit
Hmmm...I can really see people doing whole 24 hour marathons with this set! Getting some sleep in the afternoon, starting at midnight, and watching through the entire day...taking regular washroom breaks during commercial breaks to keep the clock in sync of course. Hmmm....anyone for a 24 party near Toronto?

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
I'm surprised that FX isn't already planning a 24 hour "24" marathon. Maybe its because they want to make a lot of money off the DVD sales.

I wonder if they're going to add some footage between the segments so that the episodes will actually total 24 hours instead of the around 18 hours that they actually take up when broadcast.

Matt Goddard

Stunt Coordinator
This is great. I've already got my "24" DVD party planned but was worried it wouldn't be for another three or four years. Hopefully Fox will allow viewers to watch the DVD not only with commercial breaks so each episode takes 60 minutes, but also in a quickened format without the commercial time.

Frank Anderson

Senior HTF Member
Unless it's at a really good price I will pass. I have watched every episode and enjoyed the show for the most part. I have overlooked all the plot holes and stupid females, but last weeks episode of exposing the 2nd mole really ruined it for me.

Richard Ruffner

Stunt Coordinator
We watched 13 hours in a weekend marathon, 12:00 AM to 1:00 PM, and have saved the rest to watch when the series is over. Now, maybe we'll just wait to watch the DVDs.

And yes, I had heard on the last thread on "24" that they did film footage for the commercial breaks to fill up 60 minutes.

Justin_S

Senior HTF Member
Cool news! 24 was not only my favorite show of the season, but it is also my new favorite show of all time! The sooner it is released, the better!

Jorge Montes

Stunt Coordinator
EEE!!! Must buy! Must Buy!! MUST BUY!!!
I didn't get to see this show in widescreen and I very much look foward to showing it to the uninitiated who didn't watch it because they missed the first few episodes. Plus I'm not too worried about the pricing, provided we can stay closer to "Buffy" than to "X-Files."
Okay, time to get greedy. Special features? :D

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
If only there was a way to get all the DVDs to play without switching them, to not have to go to the bathroom for a day, to not have to eat for a day, and to not have to sleep for a day.

JJR512

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Justin J. Rebbert
I don't know how many discs it will be on, but you could get a changer, either a carousel or jukebox changer, to (nearly) take care of the first thing. :)

Simon Massey

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Simon Massey
Corona's Test Pattern claims to have scooped news that 24 will be released on September 17, 2002. If this is true, then I am one happy camper -- it was my favorite show of the season. Here's the link (I hope this works -- this is my first forum posting!):
This seems to have been repeated as well on the following link, which also has official confirmation from Fox of the R2 release in mid August, a few days after the final episodes are aired here in the UK (We are only up to 3pm)
www.r2-dvd.org

Christopher D

Second Unit
Glad to see this has been officially announced -- Amazon.uk now has it up for just 30 pounds to overseas (after VAT is removed). Blackstar was several pounds more expensive so I switched my order.

Nick Senger

Stunt Coordinator
The price seems good compared to other shows I've seen, but what about all 24 hours on six discs? I'm pretty new to DVD limitations, so I'm curious as to what others think about four hours on each disc. Will that mean a decline in quality, or is that a good amount per disc?

Welcome to HTF, Nick!
Thanks Craig!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks