Fox TV Show "24" on DVD Soon

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by GlennH, May 17, 2002.

1. GlennH

GlennH Cinematographer

Glenn
    At least according to this article in the NY Daily News.

2. Justin_S

Justin_S Producer

Awesome! 24 is the best TV series since TWIN PEAKS, and I REALLY want the whole show on DVD! The sooner it is released, the better! Also, can't wait till the final episode this Tuesday!

3. Mark Kalzer

Mark Kalzer Second Unit

Hmmm...I can really see people doing whole 24 hour marathons with this set! Getting some sleep in the afternoon, starting at midnight, and watching through the entire day...taking regular washroom breaks during commercial breaks to keep the clock in sync of course. Hmmm....anyone for a 24 party near Toronto?

4. Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley Lead Actor

I'm surprised that FX isn't already planning a 24 hour "24" marathon. Maybe its because they want to make a lot of money off the DVD sales.

I wonder if they're going to add some footage between the segments so that the episodes will actually total 24 hours instead of the around 18 hours that they actually take up when broadcast.

5. Matt Goddard

Matt Goddard Stunt Coordinator

This is great. I've already got my "24" DVD party planned but was worried it wouldn't be for another three or four years. Hopefully Fox will allow viewers to watch the DVD not only with commercial breaks so each episode takes 60 minutes, but also in a quickened format without the commercial time.

6. Frank Anderson

Frank Anderson Cinematographer

Unless it's at a really good price I will pass. I have watched every episode and enjoyed the show for the most part. I have overlooked all the plot holes and stupid females, but last weeks episode of exposing the 2nd mole really ruined it for me.

7. Richard Ruffner

Richard Ruffner Stunt Coordinator

We watched 13 hours in a weekend marathon, 12:00 AM to 1:00 PM, and have saved the rest to watch when the series is over. Now, maybe we'll just wait to watch the DVDs.

And yes, I had heard on the last thread on "24" that they did film footage for the commercial breaks to fill up 60 minutes.

8. Nick Senger

Nick Senger Stunt Coordinator

Corona's Test Pattern claims to have scooped news that 24 will be released on September 17, 2002. If this is true, then I am one happy camper -- it was my favorite show of the season. Here's the link (I hope this works -- this is my first forum posting!):
    http://www.coronaproductions.com/tp/...ops.html#24dvd

9. Craig S

Craig S Producer

Craig Seanor
    Great scoop for your first post! Welcome to HTF, Nick!

10. Justin_S

Justin_S Producer

Cool news! 24 was not only my favorite show of the season, but it is also my new favorite show of all time! The sooner it is released, the better!

11. Jorge Montes

Jorge Montes Stunt Coordinator

EEE!!! Must buy! Must Buy!! MUST BUY!!!
    I didn't get to see this show in widescreen and I very much look foward to showing it to the uninitiated who didn't watch it because they missed the first few episodes. Plus I'm not too worried about the pricing, provided we can stay closer to "Buffy" than to "X-Files."
    Okay, time to get greedy. Special features? [​IMG]

12. John Berggren

John Berggren Producer

I can't wait. I watched 3 episodes and then stopped, knowing I'd enjoy it more on DVD.

13. Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley Lead Actor

If only there was a way to get all the DVDs to play without switching them, to not have to go to the bathroom for a day, to not have to eat for a day, and to not have to sleep for a day.

14. JJR512

JJR512 Supporting Actor

I don't know how many discs it will be on, but you could get a changer, either a carousel or jukebox changer, to (nearly) take care of the first thing. [​IMG]

15. Simon Massey

Simon Massey Cinematographer

Simon Massey

16. Christopher D

Christopher D Second Unit

Glad to see this has been officially announced -- Amazon.uk now has it up for just 30 pounds to overseas (after VAT is removed). Blackstar was several pounds more expensive so I switched my order.

17. GlennH

GlennH Cinematographer

Glenn
  18. James.M

James.M Stunt Coordinator

The DVD set comes out August 19th in the UK. I can't wait to get this!!

19. Nick Senger

Nick Senger Stunt Coordinator

The price seems good compared to other shows I've seen, but what about all 24 hours on six discs? I'm pretty new to DVD limitations, so I'm curious as to what others think about four hours on each disc. Will that mean a decline in quality, or is that a good amount per disc?

20. James.M

James.M Stunt Coordinator

4 eps ona disc for a series is quite usual these days, look at Buffy and Next Gen.