What's new

Fox tv series in Canada (1 Viewer)

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
Right now, DVD Soon has a very good deal on Buffy season 3. I'm considering ordering it. The site is Canadian though, and after a recent ordeal with the Canadian version of Back to the Future, I wanted to make sure the same thing wouldn't happen here. I checked my recent Fox movies (Ice Age and Star Wars: Episode II), and they have Canadian rating printed on them, which makes me think Fox sells the exact same DVDs both places. However, when I look in DVD Profiler, there are seperate listing for US and Canada releases of most Fox movies. The scans look basically identical to though, with the exception of Malcolm in the Middle, where the back seemed to be different.

So, my question is, is there any difference at all between US and Canada releases of Fox shows? In particular, I'm wondering about Buffy, Malcolm and M*A*S*H. If so, is it significant like Universal or minor like Disney? Also, are the differences just on the paper insert Fox glues to the box, or do they affect the actual box?

On a side note, does Buffy season 3 have a Spanish track? Some sites say it does. Others say it doesn't. The first two didn't, but some recent Fox releases (like Malcolm) have.

Tony Whalen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony Whalen
As far as I know, Fox's releases are pretty much identical. I've got Ep II, and the packaging looks the same as the US version. Same for Ice Age. No nasty bilingual packaging or anything. (Unlike BTTF) I don't know that there are any differences on the disks themselves.
Can't tell ya details on Buffy... I don't collect that. Yet. ;)

Rob T

Screenwriter
They might replace the spanish track for a French track but that won't harm the A/V quality so everything is the same. FOX is usually pretty good about keeping the releases the same. :)
You will find a Canadian rating for the feature somewhere on the back, but with FOX, they're so small that they're barely noticeable.

Rolando

Screenwriter
Well the thing with fox is the have 2 different types of packaging. To follow the "law" on French tracks and packaging some studios use bilingual packaging. VERY STUPID. Fox however release a French package and an English package with exact same content.
I assume if you order on-line they should be smart enough to send you the English one when they see where you order from.
I have not bought season 2 of Buffy precisely because I only find French packaging.

GOOD LUCK!

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Try buying outside Quebec Rolando. I get many a set from etailers in and around Vancouver or Toronto, no French to be found

William-R

Agent
Buffy season 3 at videoflicks is going for 39.99
i payed 45 y is Canadian retailers going so cheap
compaired to the U.S.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cassidylhorne
Recent bookmarks