What's new

Finally buying a new car (1 Viewer)

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
While I have experienced dealership issues in the past (like just about everyone), the Buick / GMC dealership near our house has been very good to us for many years. We have bought our last three vehicles there, and taken all in for service there for the past 12 years.
I have had positive experiences at the local Chrysler dealership, where I bought the current vehicles I own. I know dealerships generally charge more for repairs or oil changes, I’d just rather have them take care of my cars, for their brand experience.

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
Wow! Iirc your Civic is a 2018. EX? Any mechanical problems? What kind of mpg are you getting? Do you get it serviced at the Honda dealer or somewhere else? What brand of tires do you like?
It’s a 2018 hatchback Sport. No problems at all. I do some city driving but it’s mostly highway and I’m getting mid - upper 30s mpg. I get it serviced at a local Honda dealership where I bought it. I’m currently running Pirelli P Zero All Season Plus tires but my favorite is the Continental ExtremeContact DWS 06 which I’ll be going back to when I buy new tires in January. (The Pirellis are almost down to the wear bars and tend to get slippery when it rains now.)

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Well Sunrun jumps to the top of the list of worst companies I have ever dealt with. My panel install is moved to 1/3 so nearly 3 weeks after I get my truck. Stuck charging 2miles per hour so 6 days+ for a full charge. Not taking my truck to nj this weekend now. :(
On the plus side…
DE645E60-3127-4696-AA97-62D37C86425E.jpeg
D4D81D21-973D-4AFA-92AD-DF323F44BDC9.jpeg
72D3DA85-B5E8-46D8-9228-4680F9160658.jpeg
18DA3060-8766-4209-A86E-A11E5A622C0A.jpeg
EAD6138B-7889-4357-A315-C26D6B980547.jpeg
82453A4A-F3AA-4187-942E-23E5356F2AE0.jpeg

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
Well Sunrun jumps to the top of the list of worst companies I have ever dealt with. My panel install is moved to 1/3 so nearly 3 weeks after I get my truck. Stuck charging 2miles per hour so 6 days+ for a full charge. Not taking my truck to nj this weekend now. :(
On the plus side…
View attachment 167742 View attachment 167743 View attachment 167744 View attachment 167745 View attachment 167746 View attachment 167747
Congratulations. I wish you luck with your purchase. I like Ford’s cherry red paint.

Billy Joe I

Auditioning
Real Name
Billy Heltne
I know this is old, but it was just in my in box. I ordered the exact car in 2018, red and all. Amazing car have gotten almost 45 MPG on the freeway, and average over 40 in mixed driving. Plus with the turbo, pretty zippy too. How did yours work out?

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
On the plus side…
Can’t you go to a nearby charging station?

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
I went ahead and ordered new tires since my work schedule has me traveling for the next few months. Also, my Pirellis were worn down enough that they were “greasy weasel” slick in the wet and not much better on dry pavement. I had the Continentals mounted this morning and it’s a night and day difference. Driving 180 miles home from Memphis in the rain this evening was no sweat and the car handled like it was on rails. 9F81CCD7-6B13-4C50-90A9-3F24A216B3F8.jpeg 429C9FD4-1C84-4657-8E2B-E46238B6CE46.jpeg

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
First charging experience was absolute nightmare. Evgo stations cabling are too short to reach the f150 easily. The cabling wouldn’t connect. Had to call the site and they suck balls. Their website and app double suck balls. Finally got it going and this is making it bearable:
D3A02B7C-DC56-44C1-9985-BBF03DFEC0B6.jpeg

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
First time charging shitshow:
I have the ER lariat. Trip to my parents house is 120 miles, it’s 65 degrees (it’s dark outside and we are wearing sunglasses) should be no problem to round trip for new years

I arrive at my parents house having used no heating or AC and used 60% of battery. Frustrated but figure I will spend an hour charging up and get set up with an account on the network.

Get to the charging setup, it’s raining. There are two tall chargers and two small ones with no explanation of what the difference might be. One of the tall ones is engaged, nobody there. From checking the app it looks like it has been there since 6pm last night.

I plug to a small one. I spend 20 minutes trying to get the extremely short cable to reach my truck. I finally make it work by nearly parking 3/4 sideways. It won’t connect.

I back up, repark in the one open tall one. Long cable reaches fine. It too won’t connect.

Move back to the short one. Still won’t connect. Have I mentioned it’s raining?

Try the app. It sucks balls, won’t let me enter a password correctly. It locks me out.

Call them. First guy can speak English. Hangs up on me when I tell him what a shitshow this has been.

Call back. Woman gets me connected via paying via credit card not the app, and has me log in to the website. That works. Password still won’t let me log in to the app. She shrugs and says charge up and try password in an hour

I charge up. It cuts off at 90% and nothing I do will make it continue to 100%

I call them back. They tell me my account is fine. I can still log in via web page. App is still locking me out. They have me delete the app. Redownload app. I’m still locked out, duh, knew that wouldn’t work. Still can’t charge to 100%.

I leave extremely pissed off. Not a fun first experience.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Lol they installed my charger inside by accident. You can’t make this stuff up. Coming back Thursday to fix it. But my fill up has gone from
Complete Saturday to complete tonight.
5F084AFD-9E3A-4661-B821-E7767F842402.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks