What's new

Final Fantasy Orgins, the absolute coolest thing was added in (1 Viewer)

John-Miles

Screenwriter
Ok I dont knwo how amny of you had the old nintendo version, but there was this mini game in it, on the boad you had to press A and B together 56 times to enter the secret game, well when I found that i was hooked, i loved it, and i thought why not try it again, so i used circle and x and guess what it was there, but this time it times you and if you beat the records it gives you gil and potions and stuff, this is so awesome im goign to play this as mucha s i can now :)

Brad Grenz

Second Unit
Oh, man. I completely forgot about that! My copy of Origins is still in the mail. Here's hopin' it'll show tomarrow.

John-Miles

Screenwriter
Yeah and I might add its a welcome boost when you first get the ship to be able to grab 7000 extra gold, 5000 for getting second place and 2000 for third.... i havent yet beaten first place.

Jason Quillen

Supporting Actor
Just picked this up today. I even stayed away from my old NES version so it could be fresh when I played it now.

Wow. This game is so great. Its so old school that I feel like I'm 10 years again. Totally FF SNES era stuff (which have always been my favorites).

The graphics are just goregous. Straight out of the SNES days, but everything seems brighter and more detailed.

Gameplay? Classic FF. Before the series got so heavy on graphics and cut scenes. Overworld map, walk around, fight enemies - rinse and repeat. All the classic elements are here.

This game is an old school gamers wet dream. No ten min cut scenes with a summon pulling a chunk of earth out of the ground, no endlessly confusing junction system.

JQ

John-Miles

Screenwriter
FF3 as you put it was actually 6 and it was released in north america on the PS1 as part of anthologies i think, or maybe chronicles, the only one we dont ahve is the NES FF3

Dave F

Senior HTF Member
Have the graphics been updated/altered? I saw the game on CNN this morning, and it looked more SNES-ish than NES-ish.

-Dave

John-Miles

Screenwriter
Yeah the graphics have been updated big time, they added a few short cut scenes too.

the graphics are SNES quality, though FF2 looks even ebtter than FF1

ive logged almost 20 hours on it this weekend :) 3 fiends down one to go :)

John-Miles

Screenwriter
you know i just read about some joker who made a guide for palyign through final fantasy 1 with only one white mage, i thought big deal, i read more and realized he meant let the other three members of the party die and dont revive them, play with only one character.........

Aaron Cooke

Second Unit
LOL. about 10 years ago when i first played FF1 in college i had a bet with my roommate that i could win it using 4 white mages but i never actually got around to it. I can't even believe it would be possible to win it with 1.

John-Miles

Screenwriter
Yeah talk about crazy.... im just wondering how long it will take me to run through every final fantasy game i can.... so far im about 20 hours into FF1 and almost finished with all items and monsters killed :)

i even got warmech

Brian Kleinke

Supporting Actor
I think the graphics are the same was the Wonderswan version which was only released in Japan.

Now if only FF3 would come out here... it's the ONLY one I don't have :frowning:

David_N

Stunt Coordinator
Quick question for anyone who's bought this game yet. Is there a noticable load time before every battle, like was done on 6? Not that it would make me not buy it, but it would be nice to be prepared.

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks