What's new

Fight Club DTS?? (1 Viewer)

Peter Svensson

Second Unit
I got my copy last tuesday and it was a cardboard slipcase and not a foldout like the australian version. But it looked very nice and the dts sound was very good.

Roger Mathus

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Roger Mathus
I contacted HanBooks.com even with this title not on their website. They responded that it was difficult to get but I got another E-mail that a copy of the Korean limited SE was on the way to me after I approved the price. It took them about a week to secure a copy. Yes, this dealer is a little more expensive (as someone on HTF commented when I recommended this source), but it is very commendable that they will special order a title like this for a sometimes customer.

CraigL

Screenwriter
As several people have alerted me...

KoreanDVDs.com has this up for pre-order. $14. Can't beat that! I just ordered my copy...along with 3 other DTS discs.

Roger Mathus

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Roger Mathus
Rather strange that koreandvds.com show this as a pre-order? This is the same product that I have and the package indicates
release in March 2003. There have been posts that this 2-disc Fight Club is OOP. Could it be that the original pressing sold out and that Fox has decided to produce more; hence the March 2004 date?

If this is the case, this is good news for those who want this product. In December I ran into some problems trying to order another title from this vendor. Craig.....let us know the result.

Peter Svensson

Second Unit
Not that I am sorry I bought this title for $53 :frowning: , but I doubt that the edition Koreandvds have for pre-order is the digipack edition. It´s probably the keepcase that is in the slipcase/digipack edition.

Ermo

Auditioning
Thanks for spotting this new release! I have a question though, the specs state that the screen size is "2.40:1(Anamorphic Widescreen 16:9/4:3LB), 1.33:1(4:3 Letter Box)".
What should I make of that? Are there two versions of the movie present?

CharlieC

Stunt Coordinator
I have confirmed with the owner of Koreandvds.com...

Koreandvds got a batch of Fight Club DVDs from Fox, which runs these promotions from time to time for volume distributors. Since this is the reissue, the packaging likely will not be the same with the old(digipak), maybe just keep case.

I believe the 1.33:1(4:3 Letter Box)" is the format for the extras on the DVD, maybe someone who has this DVD already can confirm for me...

CharlieC

Stunt Coordinator
Fight Club (dts) is gone from the site now because Michael does not know yet how many copy he will get...

At least I know that I will get one for sure... ;)

CraigL

Screenwriter
I would assume that anyone that has ordered it will get one. They're doing this to make sure that they don't have too many people ordering it and not enough stock. If you haven't gotten it already, I'd check back right around when it gets "released." Once they get the stock, they'll probably put it back up on the site.

Bill Geiger

Second Unit
Craig, that is correct. I guess not many people, aside from a few, even read their message board.

Chucky.. that is true as he told me, Fox Korea never sends the correct amount.

CraigL

Screenwriter
Anyone remember the release date on this one from Koreandvds? My order hasn't shipped yet and I know it said March. Just can't remember when. :)

CraigL

Screenwriter
For an update on the Fight Club situation...*sigh*

"Bitwin again failed to deliver as they promised.

Heat, Seven, Beatles were never delivered to major suppliers. This is the very reason why we took Fight Club off of our list which is to be released 3/4 by Fox. Bitwin is the major distributor of Fox and we were afraid that the same would happen with Fight Club. Their policy is causing a big stir in the Korean DVD Forums as the titles were put on preorders. Online resellers are pretty upset too.

However we were able to obtain minimal number of orders by picking few copies at eMart, Korean version of Walmart, where Bitwin does most of its retail sales.
Unfortunately, this was the best we could do and refunds must be issued to some customers.

We will contact each individual customers some time tomorrow to remedy the situation."

This absolutely sucks. 3 of my titles were Bitwin titles. So now I'm just waiting to see if I get ANY of them. Total Recall, Basic Instinct and Fight Club. *sigh*

Roger Mathus

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Roger Mathus
I received my copy in February from hanbooks.com in about a week of placing my order. They told me that it is difficult to obtain this title but they came thru.;)

CraigL

Screenwriter
Yes roger. Woo hoo. You already told us this on page 1. No need to keep gloating now. :P

At any rate, Fight Club actually isn't a Bitwin title, so it shouldn't be a problem for those who ordered.

Roger Mathus

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Roger Mathus
From the package this title appears to be distributed directly by Fox Korea. I have numerous Bitwin titles and have never heard of a distribution problem. Based upon my experience I would not rely upon koreandvds.com

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks