What's new

Fight Club DTS?? (1 Viewer)

CraigL

Screenwriter
From the package this title appears to be distributed directly by Fox Korea. I have numerous Bitwin titles and have never heard of a distribution problem. Based upon my experience I would not rely upon koreandvds.com
Roger,

With all due respect, you have bashed koreandvds.com privately in my emails and now you're doing it on the forum. I have NEVER had a problem with them and I've placed about 5-6 orders with them in the last year. I once had a problem with The Recruit and received a prompt store credit. There have been a very large number of people who have now ordered (successfully, I might add) because of their great Superbit sale. They are a GREAT place to get discs from and have some great sales. You want to spend $10-15 more on titles, you go right ahead. Otherwise, stop thread crapping.

And as a "PS," if you would re-read their posting, it does NOT say that Fight Club is a Bitwin title. It was my mistake for posting this article in the first place as it essentially has nothing to do with their stock of Fight Club. If anything, they did the right thing by taking it off of the website so that they didn't have more people ordering than stock. That makes them A+ off the bat for thinking ahead.

CraigL

Screenwriter
Well, if you look at other websites, they do. Check out the "madman" DVD place. I think they may have the back of the box and they show DTS.

And plus, that's not the version they're sending out. It's the 2 disc version. But from what I'm told, the 1 and 2 have the DTS track. I would actually prefer the 1 disc version so that I don't have two movies with the exact same packaging sitting next to each other. But beggars can't be choosers. :)

Roger Mathus

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Roger Mathus
The cover posted above by Bill can be found at :

http:www.dvdmarket.co.kr

To properly view these sites you will need to download the free Korean language viewer from your browser. Japanese and Chinese are also available, at least from Netscape. I lived in Korea for 12 years so can read the Korean listings.

The Fox Korea site also links to this dealer. The specs indicate a release date of October 2, 2003 at a list price of 18,000 won. They clearly specify that this is 2-disc set and as pointed out in this thread only list DD 5.1 and DD2.0.

The 2-disc SP ED that I have from Fox Korea shows release date of March 2003 and has different artwork and slip case.
The slip case looks like a package wraped in brown paper with string tie. It is clearly marked DTS on both front and back of case.

In some markets (USA, Japan and others) Fox sometimes follows up an earlier SE with a lower priced version some months later. This might be the case? Both the version currently listed and the version I have are, however, 2-disc and with the same total running time and special features. The March release definately has DTS but it seems unclear whether the October re-release does. I was told that the 2-disc SE with DTS was hard to get by the dealer I purchased my copy from. The October release, however, seems to be available. Both the March and October releases appear to be genuine Fox product.

Again, it does not clear whether the October release has dts. This would need to be confirmed if one wants this release for the dts.

Roger Mathus

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Roger Mathus
Craig....that is very interesting. This indicates a 1-disc release with date of August 14, 2003 for about $ 10 and a 2-disc with release date of March 4, 2004 for about $ 13. These both have same cover art but it differs from both the March 2003 and October 2003 releases. As you indicate, dts is indicated.

Neither of these show up on the Fox Korea site. This raises the question, in my mind, whether these are legit? It would seem strange for four different releases of the same title within 12 months?

CraigL

Screenwriter
I would assume they are. I use this site ALL THE TIME to look up the backs of discs. They have a lot more photos to see the actual specs on the discs than Koreandvds which helps with researching which ones are better. And I've also noticed that their specs are almost always accurate; at least to what the box says.

I will say this...the release schedule of Korean discs random. Just because it says "release date" doesn't mean much. It could just mean that it's repriced, or re-released...or under a different promotion. I wouldn't take it that it's another "new edition." It happens here all the time. Things get "repriced" and a new release date is given to them. Not too strange.

Ermo

Auditioning
I just received an e-mail from Koreandvds that my order of "Fight Club" has been despatched!

CraigL

Screenwriter
Mine too...

2 of my orders went out last night. I talked with the owner and he was very nice. Hopefully I'll have it in my hands in the next 2 weeks :)

Ermo

Auditioning
And it's in! Unfortunately it's not a digipack, but a keepcase.
Very nice DTS sound :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks