What's new

Evolution (1 Viewer)

MikeEckman

Screenwriter
Once again, the search isnt working, and I havent seen this posted in the last couple days, so I'll bring it up.
Shouldnt we expect this movie for Christmas this year? Considering it basically tanked at the box office, you'd think Dreamworks would want to get this to retail shelves as soon as possible to reclaim some of the money this movie failed to make at the box office.
I, myself, really enjoyed this movie, and plan on buying it as soon as it's available. Sadly, its failure at the theaters probably means it wont be an SE, but as long as it contains a good transfer (its Dreamworks, why wouldnt it), and a DTS track, I'll basically be happy, but an SE wouldnt hurt! :)

Matthew Chmiel

Senior HTF Member
It (hopefully) should come out in December, and I will pre-order a copy. :) Hopefully, the DVD will contain...
- 1.85:1 Anamorphic Widescreen
- English DD and DTS 5.1 Surround Sound
- English DD 2.0 Surround Sound
- Audio Commentary with Ivan Reitman
- Documentary on the SFX
- Documentary on the film itself (HBO First Look?)
- Deleted Scenes
- Theatrical Trailers
- Television Spots
... and anything else you can throw on the DVD.
biggrin.gif

------------------
mynewsig.jpg

Link Removed - DVD Reviewer
Link Removed / AOL IM: MrMatthew / ICQ: 96444542
"I'm a firm believer in the philosophy of a ruling class. Especially since I rule."

Chris Hicks

Stunt Coordinator
How about a commentary with DD about how he hates sci-fi and he didn't like this movie but it wasn't The X-Files so he figured why not? I'm sure that would be a great commentary. We could listen to him bad mouth the show that made him a household name. Then we can hear him talk about how the show killed his career and why people like him as Fox Mulder.
------------------

Chad R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chad Rouch
Dreamworks might hold this one up until Jan/Feb next year to avoid the Christmas crunch of titles. As is, it wouldn't get as many copies (VHS) on rental shelves in December as it would in the slower months. REntal stores only have so much to spend and with so many bigger titles coming out that means less money to alot to this underperforming title. Also look for a rethink in the marketing campaign. Since VHS still slightly leads the release models, I wouldn't bet on a December release for this reason.
Or, if it is december it will probably be the week of Christmas or between Christmas and New Years.

streeter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
I think an SE isn't out of the question. That's the good thing about studios working on the DVDs for films BEFORE they're even out: When they tank, many possible supplements, including audio commentary, have already been finished. Ivan Reitman today might be too embarassed to record an audio commentary for this film, so here's hoping he already recorded one.
I also wonder about some other recent films that were even bigger disasters (Evolution was merely a disappointment). Did the directors/talent who made these films record their audio commentaries before or after their film was released:
Blair Witch 2: Book of Shadows
The Rage: Carrie 2
Battlefield Earth
Pay It Forward
I'm sure there are plenty more...

Mark Cappelletty

Senior HTF Member
Hey, I actually liked this film! It made me laugh -- which is more than I can say for most of this summer's so-called "comedies." Great FX and a very funny performance by Orlando Jones. Compared to some of Reitman's more embarrassing works (er, Six Days Seven Nights?) this is pretty good.
With titles that came out well after Evolution streeting before Christmas, I wouldn't be surprised to see this one sneak in there. Definitely worth a rent.

Matthew H

Second Unit
I believe DreamWorks recently announced a November 13th release. I'm definately looking forward to it.
------------------
Matt
Mobu? Sounds like some sort of damn car polish.

Joel C

Screenwriter
Totally off subject, but I quite liked The Rage as well. The "tatoo effect" was really cool.
The DVD is very cheap and has some cool features. I'm thinking of picking it up to go along with the Carrie SE.
As for Evolution, I'll be renting first (after Bedazzled, I won't trust anyone related to Ghostbusters again. Except maybe Bill Murray).
------------------
Joel
[email protected]
"I've been very lonely in my isolated tower of indecipherable speech."
digitallyOBSESSED

Mark Cappelletty

Senior HTF Member
I'm glad this is coming out around the holiday. While it wasn't the best film I saw all summer, it was one of the more enjoyable-- meaning that it made me laugh, which was more than I can say for most of the films I saw. If it's available cheaply, I'll pick it up and watch it with my folks, who'll likely enjoy it.

PaulaJ

Supporting Actor
DVDfile.com posted an announcement about Evolution today:
In what is likely the last big announcement of the year (but don't quote me on that), DreamWorks has just announced a 12/26 arrival date for the Ivan Reitman box office disappointment Evolution. The disc features an anamorphic widescreen transfer, English 5.1 Dolby Digital and DTS surround tracks, an interview with Reitman, 8 deleted scenes including an alternate ending, a making-of featurette and an additional featurette on the special effects, and the trailer. Retail is $26.95.
-- PaulaJ

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks