What's new

LG 2024 TVs and Audio (1 Viewer)

Robert_Zohn

Value Electronics
Premium
Insider
Real Name
Robert Zohn
LG just announced their 2024 TV line-up with some very excellent surprises, like 83" M4 and G4 with MLA technology and many other very big advancements. Here's the official press release:

Robert_Zohn

Value Electronics
Premium
Insider
Real Name
Robert Zohn
MLA, is Micro Lens Array. MLA is 33 million micro lenses that sit on top of every sub-pixel and increases the peak luminance and color volume.

It's LG Display's answer to Samsung Display's QD OLED with a different new technology to increase peak luminance and improve color volume.

Robert_Zohn

Value Electronics
Premium
Insider
Real Name
Robert Zohn
Sony invited me to their CES suite to demonstrate and discuss all of the new 2024 products.

I was also invited to Samsung's "Innovation Room" at CES.

I'll post what they show and tell me here with all information that I am permitted to discuss.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
MLA, is Micro Lens Array. MLA is 33 million micro lenses that sit on top of every sub-pixel and increases the peak luminance and color volume.
Interesting. Does that reduce the off-axis viewing capability? I'd think it might.

Robert_Zohn

Value Electronics
Premium
Insider
Real Name
Robert Zohn
From looking at LG's 77" and 65" G3 MLA OLED TVs every day in our showroom the off-axis performance is excellent.

Also the micro lenses cover 180 degrees so the enhance all of the light and RGB colors in the 180" radius.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.