What's new

Martin Dew

HTF News Editor
Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Real Name
Martin Dew
LG will unveil a selection of lifestyle TVs at this year’s CES 2022. The new line has been conceived for a “home-centric” way of life and promises to transform a space into an office, gym, gallery, workshop or entertainment center while elevating the décor. The LG Objet TV (model 65Art90) resembles a canvas. The LG StanbyME (model 27Art10) is a wireless private TV screen with a built-in battery attached to a moveable stand with concealed wheels allowing up to three hours of viewing before a recharge.
LG Objet TV uses a remote for raising or lowering a fabric cover and its 65-inch OLED evo panel boasts “superb picture quality” and an 80W, 4.2-channel sound system. The TV includes a date and clock feature and can morph into an audio player in the music setting, or display a collection of nature-themed art pieces in Gallery mode. The interchangeable fabric cover comes courtesy of Danish textile innovator Kvadrat, and available colors are Kvadrat Beige...

Continue reading...

Last edited:

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
I own 2 3D capable displays. I’m not the one posting hate in every new display thread

Sam,
I took Doug's post as humorous given that 3D on new TV displays has been long dead (and the grinning emoji). We know the score, 3D TV is gone, but on other threads (mainly projector, or other threads about 3D in the "displays" forum) you never seem to miss a chance to put members in their place for asking about 3D. Especially when it is a legitimate concern being a high price item, and a big deal to some. Is it thread crapping if it is a not a "no 3D, no sale" type of comment, and a legitimate 3D question? You take it as such, and the question gets shot down quickly.

I see far more comments about Dolby Vision/Atmos in dedicated 4K disc, and hardware threads (Samsung QLED) like "No Dolby _______, No sale" yet those get a pass from you. that isn't considered thread crapping, but anything about 3D is? Why is one statement about a certain tech allowed, and the other begrudged?

I'm someone that is still passionate about 3D, and I don't agree with your comments about 3D in a constant negative light in the "displays" section of the forum ("3D nerds, 3D is dead, and never coming back, HDR is better than 3D"). Especially when many of the posts from 3D enthusiasts are well meaning, and not meant as a way of derailing anything.

I said my piece, and I see that Robert, and Dave are in agreeance with you. I'm not going to argue the point anymore, especially against three moderators.

Last edited:

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Especially when many of the posts from 3D enthusiasts are well meaning, and not meant as a way of derailing anything.
I'm not so sure about that which isn't implying your post is doing so. IMO, I think some 3-D enthusiasts do intend that their "No 3-D, No sale" posts as a negative implication towards whatever model is being promoted or discussed in a particular thread. Furthermore, I haven't noticed the "No Dolby Vision or Atmos" comments you mentioned. Perhaps, I need to pay closer attention to those threads. By the way, I still have three 3-D displays in my household.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Exactly. It’s tiresome. There’s no reason for shitting in a thread even if it’s supposed to be humorous. I have a $10k 3D tv on order. If you want a 2021 tv with 3d get a projector. But there is zero reason to post negatives like this on every new tv announcement on “the friendliest home theater site”.

CES is coming, it will surely happen again and I may just ask permission to delete them wholesale.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
If it’s not a CRT then no sale from me. 🦧
CRT is still the best possible display tech for retro gaming, especially Sony, or Olympus PVM (a used 20" model for either fetch around $3K on E-Bay) so they are worth their weight in gold in that capacity.

Last edited:

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
If it is tiresome then stop responding and contributing to the ongoing problem. In his case, it was obviously a joke. Maybe you think it is inappropriate and not funny bit in the larger picture it was harmless and easily ignored; although, it would be best if people just stopped. Posting "No 3D, no sale" on an internet forum that isn't as relevant as it once was isn't bringing 3D TVs back any time soon.

To Robert Zohn, thanks for continuing to advicate with industry reps for at least some models to bring the feature back. If they aren't listening to you say it directly to them then "no 3D, no sale" isn't going to even show up on their radar. :D

Sanjay Gupta

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Sanjay Gupta
Sorry to say the last TV that supported 3D was 2016. I do recommend for the TV manufacturers to add passive glasses 3D to at least the flagship models each year.
Didn't LG TVs have passive 3D glasses to begin with? I really fail to understand why 3D support cannot be included in at least the premium TVs. But then again, LG stopped supporting DTS, even DTS passthrough. So, I suppose anything that can save themn a buck, they will do.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks