What's new

Martin Dew

HTF News Editor
Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Real Name
Martin Dew
News from CES is coming in thick and fast. We will endeavor to cover all the key stories from the show over the coming days. In the meantime, here is LG‘s CES new displays press release in its entirety:
2022 LG Models Deliver Superb Picture Quality, More Screen Sizes, Smart Lifestyle Services
LAS VEGAS, Jan. 3, 2022 /PRNewswire/ — LG Electronics USA (LG) today unveiled its most advanced and impressive TV lineup yet, headlined by the company’s exceptional 2022 OLED TVs. With powerful imaging technologies and an improved webOS offering even more smart features and services, LG’s latest models are expected to elevate the viewing and user experience like never before.
2022_OLED_evo_C2_77_inch_Product05-1024x635.jpg

The 2022 LG 77-inch C2 OLED TV
LG OLED
The leader of the global premium TV market for nine years and counting and a CES Innovation Award honoree for eight...

Continue reading...

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
97” OLED! Boy howdy!

It’s interesting that the super-huge sets are still no larger than 100”. No one willing / able to break the century barrier yet.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Yeah, I keep ignoring that this is also paced by Corning’s ability to produce massive sheets of glass in volume.

I‘m going to have bug my friend there to get on this. :)

JoeDoakes

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
I wonder what sales we might see on the C1 and if they might eclipse Black Friday

Worth

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick Dobbs
97” OLED! Boy howdy!

It’s interesting that the super-huge sets are still no larger than 100”. No one willing / able to break the century barrier yet.
At what size will it no longer be able to fit through most doors?

Martino

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Martin O.
"allowing for the creation of unprecedented form factors such as bendable and rollable TVs."

As they are now able to bend and roll - you should be able to get them through the door - so these won't be limited by door size....

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
That’s not a practical problem. Doors are at least 8’ tall, and no TV will be 8’ on the short side of 16:9.

The potential problem is for people in apartments with stairways or small elevators. Or for people with tight staircases going upstairs or downstairs.

My problem is getting it down a stairway that’s parallel to the wall. So it’s a tight corner and might not be doable with a 100”+ TV.

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
I bought a projector that came with a 72 inch screen in the 1980's. Everyone thought it was huge. Now that 72 inches is the 1.33 image on my Sony 86 inch TV.

William Moore

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
William
Roland: BTW, not sure if you know this, but the totally restored Cinerama negatives from "Wonderful World of the Brothers Grimm" are to be released on BluRay "Smilebox" late this Spring or early Summer, to coincide with the 60th anniversary of the movie's release. The BD was supposed to be released late in 2021, but "the powers that be" decided to wait until the 60th Anniversary. Can't wait for this!! It's going to be "hhhuuugggeee!"

TheFOMO

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Quinn
Samsung had seamless tiles on display with their microLED TV sizes over 100", so we're technically there albeit at over $100K! Nevertheless, using tiles will allow future TVs to easily exceed 100" without the yield issues of a giant monolithic panel

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Samsung had seamless tiles on display with their microLED TV sizes over 100", so we're technically there albeit at over $100K! Nevertheless, using tiles will allow future TVs to easily exceed 100" without the yield issues of a giant monolithic panel
Sounds like you had fun at CES Fomo. Hope everyone stayed safe!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks