What's new

Press Release UPDATED 10/3: WHV Press Release: Barbie (2023) (4k UHD) (Blu-ray) (1 Viewer)

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
I think the movie's star power in general helped "Barbie".

With an unknown, it'd have been easier to pooh-pooh the flick.

The accumulation of respected actors gave it more credibility.
I agree with all the actors except Robbie. And no offense to her, but is she really that much of a respected actor?

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
I posted this question in the box office thread.

I was wondering if Barbie would have been as successful with an unknown actress playing Barbie.

I personally think Margot Robbie was miscast and not very good in the title role. Imo it was a generic performance. I can’t imagine her being Oscar nominated for this role.

Thoughts?

I haven't seen Barbie, so I can't speak to her work in this feature, but I think she turned in solid performances in Babylon and Once Upon A Time In Hollywood.

- Walter.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Glad to see this finally announced. We’ve been waiting for it in my house.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
I haven't seen Barbie, so I can't speak to her work in this feature, but I think she turned in solid performances in Babylon and Once Upon A Time In Hollywood.

- Walter.

Robbie was a pretty big deal in Hollywood and this film has skyrocketed her status even further.

I didn't care for BARBIE. Thought it was good up until the third act. However, I think Robbie fits perfectly into the role.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
My copy of the Blu-ray just came.

WB missed a real opportunity here to make this release distinctive by putting it in a pink case as Paramount did for Mean Girls a while back.

Mean Girls Pink.jpeg
Also, when did WB stop releasing combo packs? I'm used to most of my Blu-rays from them being Blu-ray + DVD, and most UHDs being UHD + Blu-ray so that it is backwards compatible. The last new release I bought from WB was The Batman, which did have a DVD in there. I don't need one, so it's not a huge problem to me. But I still noticed this being a single.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks