What's new

ER Season 1 DVD problems (1 Viewer)

Michael Martin

Screenwriter
Bought the Region1 DVD release of season 1 yesterday and tried watching the Pilot episode tonight. "Tried" being the operative word. Once it reached chapter 10, major problems - pixelation, spontaneously going to other places in the episode, etc.

Also had problems when I tried, through the menus, to get to chapters in other episodes on the same disc.

Has anyone else had problems watching this DVD release?

I'm using a Sony DVP S360.

PeterKelly

Agent
Real Name
Peter Kelly
I watched The Pilot tonight, and had no problems. I am using a Toshiba player.

Look at the disc for wavey lines in the gold, it could be a bad pressing.

Jonny P

Supporting Actor
No problems on the Sony NS315 I have been watching it on...

This is a DVD-18 release.

I remember my old Philips Magnavox DVD 400AT couldn't play any DVD-18s...

Dane Marvin

Screenwriter
I had just a split second of white splotches all over the picture during episode 2: "Going Home". I re-watched it to make sure it was there and it was. It's within the first 5 or 10 minutes of the episode, but that's the only defect I've seen in the first 6 episodes so far. Anyone else see this or more like these?

LukeB

Senior HTF Member
FYE has it for $34.99. Circuit City has it for $39.99. Wal-Mart for $37.99.

Jonny P

Supporting Actor

I saw that too. I am going to assume that it was something on the original film negative that showed up when they made these "widescreen" transfers.

Iain Jackson

Second Unit
Yeah, there was a patch of white dots during episode 2, it appears just to be a particularly bad case of damaged negatives - the widescreen masters were obviously derived from the original 9-year-old source materials rather than the videotape copies...

Michael Martin

Screenwriter
Just a quick note - exchanged the original set for a new set at a different Best Buy. Watched the Pilot and Day One episodes, no problems.

Thanks again to Jeff and everyone else.

Now if we could just get the chapter 51 glitch on Two Towers figured out.....

Jonny P

Supporting Actor
I may have been imagining this,

But toward the end of episode 3 (Disc 1 side A, the episode with Rosemary Clooney) I could swear in a scene toward the end of the episode when Julianna Margulies and George Clooney are standing by an ambulance talking that you could catch a glimpse of a microphone at the top of the screen...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks