What's new

Emmylou Harris : Producer's Cut (DVDA) (1 Viewer)

Jesper

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jesper Nielsen
I have preordered mine, but I guess I have to wait a little longer... :frowning:

Anyone have it yet?

Justin Lane

Senior HTF Member
I have received my disc, and I have been very impressed. Multichannel and Stereo tracks in 96/24. Old Rugged Cross with Johnny Cash (first time released) is unbelieveable. So far I have only critically listened to the multichannel track, which is another fine offering from Warner. They sure do take their time putting discs out, but far and away they have the nicest and most consistent multichannel tracks on the market. When I get to spend some more time with this disc (especially the stereo track) I will post some more thoughts.

J

John Tillman

Supporting Actor
Mine is in transit from Circuit City so I hope to have it soon. I just dig her voice and lately I've been on a Johnny Cash kick too. Can't wait!

Angelo.M

Senior HTF Member
Hadn't heard about this disc. Will definitely pick it up. Any word on Emmylou's next album?

MikeH1

Screenwriter
Real Name
Billy
I listen to Emmylou only when she appears as a guest on Julie miller's albums. I'm not too familiar with her but I do certainly like what I hear. I would sure like a DVD A release of some Julie though...

Angelo.M

Senior HTF Member
Michael:

Run, do not walk, to your favorite record shop and pick up Emmylou's Wrecking Ball, Red Dirt Girl and Spyboy. These are among her most recent stuff, and very much in the vein of Julie Miller, not to mention that Buddy Miller is featured prominently on Spyboy and Red Dirt Girl (his work on Spybody is astounding).

Also dropping by on these albums: Steve Earle, Lucinda Williams, Neil Young, Tony Hall, Daniel Lanois (in several roles, including producer), Anna and Kate McGarrigle, and Larry Mullen Jr. on Wrecking Ball; Julie Miller, Dave Matthews, Bruce Springsteen, Patti Scialfa, Kate McGarrigle, Patty Griffin and Jill Cunniff on Red Dirt Girl.

If you're a Julie Miller fan, you will certainly want to hear Emmylou's amazing cover of "All My Tears."

LanceJ

Senior HTF Member
Well, hell! The two Best Buys I buy dvd-audios from didn't have the Emmylou disc even though the computer said it was there. Me and an employee dug around for ten minutes--nothing. :angry:

But I did find that "Nightfly" dvd-audio. Finally, almost two months after it was released! I grabbed that, and almost grabbed that Emma Shapplin "Etterna" disc I read about at Audioasylum but decided against it (http://www.dtsentertainment.com/sell...c=692860109995). And since my credit card's interest thing was going to kick in at 8:00 the next (this) morning I instead ran over & bought the dvd movie "Van Wilder"--some great cheap & sleazy laughs!! >>> http://us.imdb.com/Title?0283111

"The Nightfly" sounds great. And disc authoring is very nice--like the curling smoke on the menus. But one tiny negative: on "Ruby Baby" at the beginning about 20 seconds into that song there is supposed to be a woman sighing (really more of a moan :b)--it's not there anymore. What gives??? This is still cool music to listen to after 20(!) years.

LJ

MikeH1

Screenwriter
Real Name
Billy
Angelo, thanks for the advice I will have to check out her discs. I have in fact heard "All my Tears" and think its a great rendition.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alianalbuck
Recent bookmarks