What's new

Hi-Rez Release Dates (1 Viewer)

Micahel C

Stunt Coordinator
For those that are interested, the newest ICE magazine shows the following upcoming SACD's and DVD-A's with release dates. I know some of these have already been mentioned, but I'm listing again in case someone missed them. A few are new announcements. No word as to whether or not the SACD's are hybrid or multichannel. I've listed info for those titles I'm aware of. It also states that the Beck: Sea Change (Dec 24) and Peter Gabriel: Up (Jan 14) have both been postponed and will be rescheduled at a later date. No reason given. There are other new releases coming on these dates as well, but these are all that are listed in the magazine.

NOV 26

DVDA David Crosby & Graham Nash: Another Stoney Evening (DTS)
SACD Bon Jovi: Bounce (Island) (MC/Single Layer)
SACD Lee Konitz: Parallels (Chesky) (MC/Hybrid)
SACD Quincy Jones: Ultimate Collection (Hip-O)
SACD Ryan Adams: Gold (Lost Highway) (MC/Single Layer)
SACD Steve Earle: Guitar Town (MCA Nashville)

DEC 10

SACD Blue Oyster Cult: Agents Of Fortune (Columbia) (MC/Single Layer)

DEC 17

DVDA Emmylou Harris: Producer's Cut (Warner)
DVDA Jackson Browne: The Naked Ride Home (Elektra)
DVDA Jackson Browne: Running On Empty (Elektra)

JAN 7

DVDA Bonnie Raitt: Nick Of Time (Capitol)

JAN 14

DVDA Peter Green's Fleetwood Mac (Silverline
DVDA Todd Rundgren: Live At The Forum, London '94 (Silverline)
DVDA Utopia: Live KSAN '74 (Silverline)
DVDA Various: The British Are Coming (Silverline)
DVDA Various: Reggae Pulse-The Heart Of Jamaica (Silverline
SACD Byrds: Fifth Dimension (Columbia) (MC/Single Layer)
SACD John Lee Hooker: Boogie Chillen'-Original 1948-1954 Blues Masterpieces (Audio Fidelity)
SACD Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble: Couldn't Stand The Weather (Epic) (MC/Single Layer)

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Micahel, thanks for the information. If there is, indeed, a delay on the Peter Gabriel Up SACD with no new date posted, that would be disappointing. I was also hoping to hear of release dates for other Peter Gabriel SACDs as well as DVD-Audio discs by now.
Elusive Disc is also taking pre-orders for the Elv1s DVD-Audio disc. They say it will be available on December 10th. It looks like it will not have a discrete stereo track. :angry:
[c] [/c]
As for SACD, I'm looking forward to the Byrds and Stevie Ray Vaughan discs. The John Lee Hooker disc could be a winner too.

Micahel C

Stunt Coordinator
Keith, as Lee noted this info could be dated as the magazine has an obvious lead time for printing. They have been fairly correct in the past however as they get their info direct from the industry whereas the online sites get their release dates from the distributors. I guess time will tell on this. You and I both know that dates are never set in stone anyway.
Brent, ICE is a music industry related magazine which follows the recording business very closely . They cover release dates for vinyl, cd, music dvd's and of course hi-rez among other things. The following link is for their online website. Check the left side of the page and sign up for a free issue which comes with a subscription offer. Not cheap, but the content is worth it if you're looking for inside news on upcoming releases.
ICE Magazine Online

Mike Broadman

Senior HTF Member
Note that Couldn't Stand the Weather is already out, so I'm assuming this will be a multi-channel version.

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Mike, Micahel indicated in his list that the multi-channel version of Couldn't Stand the Weather is on Sony's list of upcoming releases. Of course, Sony showed Texas Flood as a multi-channel release in its 09.01 catalog.

Micahel C

Stunt Coordinator
Keith, you're correct. Both the Stevie Ray Vaughan and the Byrds titles are previous stereo SACD's that are now being released as multichannel. Sony's had a few on the back burner for release in mc for sometime now including the previously mentioned "Texas Flood".

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Micahel, The Byrds Fifth Dimension has not been released as a stereo SACD. Greatest Hits is, however.

Peter_A

Second Unit
Sigh, more of the same old music.

When is someone gonna release some NIN, more classic Metallica, Tool etc.

I don't care which format, just get it out there!

Justin Lane

Senior HTF Member
Very disappointing news on Peter Gabriel as well as Beck. They were the two SACDs announced recently for releases that intrigued me the most since I have yet to buy the redbooks and the were rumored to be Hybrids. Maybe they are delaying the Gabriel release for a wider roll-out of his entire catalog, similar to the Stones, or possibly they plan on releasing DVD-A at the same time and needed to finish up some bonus content which you cannot get on SACD.

J

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks