What's new

Eli Stone: Season One (1 Viewer)

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Did anyone else watch this tonight? Very much along the same lines as Greg Berlanti's feel-good drama "Everwood" on the defunct WB, right down to the opening mountain shot.
I don't think I'm going to like this as much as "Everwood" just because I find a lawyer/courtroom drama show inherently less interesting than a new doctor in a whole new town to be a part of.
That said, it's one of the best written pilots I've seen in years, and I'm definitely on board for next week at the very least. I really like the idea of a modern day prophet, I just hope that concept expands beyond suing "evil" corporations.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
It didn't really grab me, but it doesn't have any real competition if E.R. is pretty much done with their episodes on Thursdays in this timeslot.

pitchman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary
My wife enjoyed it. Myself, I thought the best part of the hour was the Oceanic Airlines commercial. This didn't do much for me. It is another one of those programs that once you get past the initial setup in the pilot, there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of story left to explore...

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I enjoyed it. I thought it was very whimsical, which is a good thing. But it felt like NBC's Jouneyman, but played on a much lighter note. Perhaps the San Francisco setting, perhaps the visions he has, and the weekly events where he helps people, the girlfriend who thinks he's nuts because of his visions and the doctor who sort of guides him.

Nice to see Ken Olin so busy, by the way.

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
I enjoyed the show. I even liked the line where the woman with the autistic child said something like - "Yeah, he's yours, I was pregnant for eight years."

Randy Tennison

Screenwriter
Real Name
Randy
Probably in a normal television season, I wouldn't give this much of a second thought. But, I'll probably watch it, just because it's new and not annoying (Bionic Woman).

Louis C

Supporting Actor
I had hopes, but was very under-whelmed. Stuck through it for the Oceanic commercial...that was a mistake. There is always the internet (youtube), and without the wait.

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
I like this show, but probably would not watch this over Without a Trace.

Garrett Adams

Supporting Actor
I like it. The Victor Garber dance number was unexpected and requires a whole new mindset. All in all a fun romp.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I can't quite get fully engaged into this show. Some of it feels like it wants to be Ally McBeal meets Highway to Heaven. I don't really like Johnny Lee Miller (plus that thing on his head needs co-billing), but it's nice to see Julie Gonzalo, even though in a more adult role showing a so-so comedic side to her. Natasha Henstridge is sort of wasted in this show, though they do take as many opportunities to get her in various states of undress.

John_Lee

Supporting Actor
The mystical and comical aspects are all right. But this show is setting new standards in not understanding the legal system.

It's like watching a show about China and all the people are saying 'Ching chong chang' gibberish.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Finally caught up with the second episode. Wasn't thrilled with the whole "illegal immigrants are people too" theme of the episode. It just seemed really simplistic and patronizingly didactic.
That said, I really like the protagonist, particularly his reluctance. The elements of the surreal help jazz things up, as well.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
I was surprised that last night Eli didn't fully help the guy he was supposed to help. I was not surprised that the lawyer representing himself (Keith Bennett played by Jason Winston George) was offered a job. He would be an interesting addition to the cast.

Neil

Nick Martin

Senior HTF Member
So have people given up on this show or it's still watched but no one has anything to say about it?

The opening credits have the biggest, baddest bass I've ever heard on TV. It's stunning.

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
I have watched every episode. I realize the show is a bit "hokey", but I enjoy it.

When I'm home, I watch it. It started while I was on vacation and I happened to catch the first episode. It good enough to hook me. So far I've missed 1 episode.

I'm just not much of a "talker" on the forums. And the only thing that bugs me about the show is something we can't discuss on this forum anyway (missing from this week's episode).

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Finally caught up with this week's episode, and I think the show is finally settling into its groove, now that all of Eli's issues are out in the open, and the adjustments are being made.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks