1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

God Friended Me (CBS)

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Adam Lenhardt, Aug 31, 2018.

1. Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt Director

"Joan of Arcadia" is my personal high watermark for this genre. It took the idea of being a prophet seriously, causing Joan much trial and tribulation while growing her significantly as a person.

This is a tidier, more procedural show than that one was. The writing isn't as sharp, and God isn't a character in the same way. That being said, while it isn't "Joan"-caliber for me, I'm still enjoying it a lot more than Scott and Mike are.

The show is at its best when it's struggling with moral questions. The show is at its worst when it tries to force a romantic angle between its two leads, Miles and Cara.

The final beat of Sunday's episode, while entirely predictable, brought a huge smile to my face.

2. Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt Director

I continue to really enjoy this show, especially episodes like tonight where characters are forced to choose between what is right and what is easy. Yes it has its flaws, but it's one of the few things I watch that makes me feel better about the world instead of worse.

David Weicker likes this.
  3. Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon Moderator

That is excellent, Adam. When a show can do that, it is not insignificant.

And it almost makes me sorry I abandoned it at the end of season 1.

Adam Lenhardt likes this.