What's new

Elementary (Final Season 7) (1 Viewer)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Last night's show gave me ominous vibes about 20 minutes in... and I'm not one who tries to anticipate the plot, but just lets the show roll.

= = =

Now an additional irritation: our local affiliate (and perhaps Buffalo NY as well as Rochester) will be dumping next week's episode in favor of pre-season football.

One case where we're thankful for free CBS streaming of this show; we'll catch it the next day.
Same here, we have Lions vs. Patriots while the next episode isn't scheduled to be shown here until Saturday morning at 2:37 a.m.

Dave Jessup

Stunt Coordinator
Ironically, Buffalo will not see the home team on their local CBS affiliate (home-town blackout perhaps), but will see Elementary "at its regularly scheduled time" (to quote decades-ago network announcers :D).

Rochester will get this next show, on a delayed-broadcast basis: 11:35pm Saturday night. (That avoids my usual dilemma of getting up at 3:30am for work the next morning. Then a couple weeks later that dilemma is removed forever. <_<)

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Unfortunately, since I have AT&T U-verse, I’m forced to watch via All-Access. Either ‘live with commercials’ or delayed by at least a day.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
Sherlock needs to take the marbles out of his mouth he’s mumbly more than usual this season

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Reading the summary for next week's series finale and, yep, my prediction looks to be coming true. Moriarty is coming to lend a hand.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I'm confused about the last episode. Did Bob Gunton's character,
who is dying of pancreatic cancer, killed his assassin associates, chop them up and then burnt their bodies?

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Remember the female con-artist a few episodes ago? The one who had appeared in season 4? After that reappearance I had two thoughts: 1) they were going to add a new character in the last season; or 2) they were going to spin her off into her own show. Anyone else get that vibe?

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Wow, no comments about the last episode makes me think people were disappointed. I wasn't, but I wish it was a two hour episode as I would love to have seen the trial.

Dave Jessup

Stunt Coordinator
Just letting the... afterglow of the show settle through before commenting.

My wife looked for a little more overt emotion from the two leads, but for me this episode was very, very much in keeping with the aims of the creative team: Holmes and Watson would be partners, and not in a romantic sense.

Rather than being shown, it's fun imagining how Reichenbach's trial had gone.

Tipping the balance of plot versus character much more to the character side, we've been given a last go-round with folks we'll miss seeing weekly - though now all the shows are / will be available for view by disc or streaming, at our pace.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I am going to make comments with SPOILERS!

I thought disposing of the arch-villain whose arc covered several episodes was quite abrupt. That big a villain deserved more. Jeez, that episode spanned at least 4 years.

They added a lot of emotional substance to the episode with Watson’s breast cancer. Definitely don’t read further if you haven’t seen the episode.
It’s one year later and Watson is standing over a grave. I’m sitting there thinking holy shit! They couldn’t just leave them together? And then it turns out it’s not Watson’s grave but Moriarity’s. It might not be Moriarity in the grave, but I was happy with the ending. There should have been another episode to dispose of the villain. One could argue the final episode was much ado about nothing since there was no villain that wanted to kill either Holmes or Watson.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I did feel the wrap-up with Reichenbach was anticlimactic with everything happening off screen, but the other encounters and surprises sprinkled throughout made it a more than decent series finale. (And Joan looked fantastic in that wig.)

One of my favorite shows during this decade is now over, and I'm quite sad about it, especially since there isn't anything really to take its place with a similar look and feel (not to mention great ingenuity in the case work on a weekly basis.)

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
After Murder, She Wrote ended its twelve-season run, CBS commissioned four made-for-TV movies continuing the adventures of the main character. They plotted them in different locales so there wasn't the expense of putting back together the sets for her home and NY apartment which had likely long since been dismantled.

My fondest hope is that after a couple of years, they may possibly want to have a reunion with the characters and produce a few TV-movies with more elaborate cases that could be fashioned for a 75 or 90-minute running time. And if CBS isn't interested, perhaps one of the streaming outlets might give it a go.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks