What's new

Elementary (Final Season 7) (1 Viewer)

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
As one of the best network shows of the past decade, I can't say enough good things about it or how much I'm going to miss it when it's gone. I certainly intend to relish these 13 episodes we have left!

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Counting up, these 13 episodes are going to pretty much take us through the summer, and thank you, CBS, for giving us one last go-round with this particular iteration of Holmes and Watson.

Yes, first case was pretty good, but more intriguing are the goings-on back in NYC and if they'll lure the duo back. I don't think Gregson's daughter is going to get away with what she did in the end. Could she have done this to her own father?

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Looks like one of our season arcs is going to involve a covert operation that Gregson stumbled into. Sherlock and Joan back in NYC last night, and the previews had Sherlock turning himself in to the FBI next week, so he's obviously got a plan to get himself out of the confession from the last season finale.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Well, I'm screwed as DirecTV is in dispute with my local CBS affiliate so I lost that channel today. Earlier, I lost my NBC affiliate.

Edit: It looks like my CBS affiliate is back, but I don't know for how long? The local chatter is there is still a dispute, but it may have been resolved or extended. Before I lost that channel last night, I was still able to record the latest episode of Sherlock.

Last edited:

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I'm with Spectrum, but I also have an Amazon Fire Recast DVR to record over the air broadcasts of some favorites that I have also been using as a backup. The cable sometimes has anomalies in recording broadcasting if there is atmospheric interference. (And sometimes, the cable box just doesn't record much to my chagrin.) For some reason, I don't get that with over-the-air recording.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Not to give anything away, but I watched last night's episode today, and James Frain was the primary guest star (in a recurring role). James Frain is almost never cast any more as a guest star on shows unless he's really bad, so I'm going to be very curious to see how his role unfolds over these episodes to see if the Elementary writers give him something other than the nefarious bad guy to play.

John Lee_275604

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
John Lee
Not to give anything away, but I watched last night's episode today, and James Frain was the primary guest star (in a recurring role). James Frain is almost never cast any more as a guest star on shows unless he's really bad, so I'm going to be very curious to see how his role unfolds over these episodes to see if the Elementary writers give him something other than the nefarious bad guy to play.
At the end of the episode, Sherlock did refer to him by his last name.

Reichenbach

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, that doesn't work for me at all either, and when they do flashbacks from previous seasons, the contrast is jarring.
Apparently this was entirely a personal choice. It doesn't work for me either, but it doesn't detract too much for my enjoyment of the show.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
It does look like Reichenbach is turning into a quite formidable and dangerous adversary, but I hope they don't bring Moriarty back into the series for the finale to save Holmes and Watson's bacon. I want them to outwit him on their own.

Philip Verdieck

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Philip Verdieck
It does look like Reichenbach is turning into a quite formidable and dangerous adversary, but I hope they don't bring Moriarty back into the series for the finale to save Holmes and Watson's bacon. I want them to outwit him on their own.

I don't think you can have an omission of Moriarity if you are dealing with a Reichenbach resolution.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Yikes! While I was preparing to watch last night's episode, my DVR identified the episode as #7 of the season! That means we are more than halfway thorough the final run of thirteen with only six left. Can't believe how they have flown by!

This was a fine, standalone episode without James Frain's recurring character story arc. Nice to get a break from it at least for a week.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Just watched the June 27 episode where we see that Reichenbach is a type of Finch from Person of Interest - what a great show. Interesting to see another take on that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks