What's new

DVD capture (1 Viewer)

Mike LS

Supporting Actor
Just as a note, I'm not asking about defeating copy protection or any shady or gray area. This is a work related question and because of that, I have written permission from all copyright holders to do what I'm wanting to do.

I work for a Christian music distributor and am in charge of keeping our website inventory current. For years we've offered audio samples of music for online customers to preview.
As more and more churches integrate DVD players into their projection systems, many publishers are offering product to cater to these customers, and it's becoming necessary to offer video samples as well.

What program would be needed to do real time capture from a DVD? I'm wanting to take say 30 seconds to a minute of video from a chapter of a DVD, then convert it to either Quicktime or RealMedia to stream from our website.

Any suggestions?

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
i've been using pinnacle studio (version 8) with good results. you can capture (i'm using dvc 150) any analog source and convert it to a few different formats. i'm not sure if quicktime is one of them, but i think real media is.

Mike LS

Supporting Actor
I'm able to capture from seperate sources, I was hoping to capture direct from my DVD drive.

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
I like this guide the best for pulling out choice scenes in my DVDs.

Use Besweet to convert the AC3 file to CBR MP3. Then Vdubmod to multiplex and sync the audio to the video, then output to WM9 for streaming.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks