What's new

mskaye

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael Kochman
The DVDs have been in my Netflix queue forever, so I've just moved them to the top. I'm a fan of Ride The High Country so I'm hoping these movies will be equally good. I assume the movies are repeated on the regular Blu-rays and are from the new scan?
Ride the High Country is in a class by itself but it doesn't mean any of these films are anything less than stellar. Over the last few years, the joys of the Westerns by Budd B and Anthony Mann have been highlights of my movie watching. So well done and such rich narratives and characters. Can't wait for this boxed set. Will earn its place besides my Jacques Tati set and a few others from Criterion. PS - I also love movies that are 70-80 mins in length. They are like The Old Man and The Sea of cinema. Terse, direct, economical and hyper expressive.

Last edited:

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Do People still Watch DVDs??;)
I'm watching some DVDs right now "Oppenheimer" (1980) produced by the BBC and broadcasted by PBS back in the day.

1689726808512.png

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
My 4K/UHD set arrives tomorrow from Barnes & Noble. I have to decide which of the five films I'm going to watch first. :D

1689726990338.png

white vader

Agent
Real Name
Matt
The DVDs have been in my Netflix queue forever, so I've just moved them to the top. I'm a fan of Ride The High Country so I'm hoping these movies will be equally good. I assume the movies are repeated on the regular Blu-rays and are from the new scan?
Do Netflix still ship physical DVDs? I thought that ended?

white vader

Agent
Real Name
Matt
For the record, so do I. One of
My favorite thrillers, Mute Witness, is only available on DVD.
I'm about to rewatch an early Bob Hoskins/Australian miniseries, "The Dunera Boys" from 1985. On (US) laserdisc! Never seen it available on any other format for decades, until a couple of years ago and even then only DVD!

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Just got mine today from
Amazon. I guess I’ll go in order.
Mine came today as well. Looking forward to diving in after recently watching all of these on the Indicator BR releases.

Bartman

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Trevor Bartram
Do People still Watch DVDs??;)
Hell yeah. Netflix DVD is ending in September and, just like the video store before it, has been a great resource for: (1) watching movies prior to potential purchase on Blu-ray and (2) cable TV series (I've never had cable). Netflix has every major Criterion DVD. Am I the only person who has used Netflix DVD strategically?

David_B_K

Advanced Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Does anyone know if the films in this set are the same ones as Indicator's "Big T" collection?
I am not familiar with a "Big T" collection from Indicator. This set has the same films as were in the Indicator "Five Tall Tales" set.

cineMANIAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Luis
Same films as Indicator. New 4k image harvests and restorations.

Thank you. As I haven't even touched that Indicator collection yet I may just hang on to these editions for now. The current 50% off pricing is tempting, though. I'll go through this set and maybe for the next B&N sale I'll upgrade.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks