What's new

Dolby Atmos Ceiling/Height Speaker Positioning (1 Viewer)

sleevedbiker

Auditioning
Real Name
No one
I see that the Atmos ceiling speakers can be hung from the ceiling or aimed up at the ceiling. I am not a fan of hanging anything from the ceiling, so would I be able to hang the two height Atmos speakers on the wall behind the tv high er up and then aim it off of the ceiling? or maybe put it on the tv stand and aim it at the ceiling... What're your thoughts and opinions? Thanks

Martino

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Martin O.
For the best sound, you should mount them on the ceiling, and not rely on first order reflections to mimic the correct position.

If you are dead set on not having the ceiling speakers, you may be better off on not tying for an atmos setup, and go with a more traditional 5.1 or 7.1 configuration without having the overhead speakers.

sleevedbiker

Auditioning
Real Name
No one
For the best sound, you should mount them on the ceiling, and not rely on first order reflections to mimic the correct position.

If you are dead set on not having the ceiling speakers, you may be better off on not tying for an atmos setup, and go with a more traditional 5.1 or 7.1 configuration without having the overhead speakers.

Decided on going with Atmos Enables Speakers.

Martino

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Martin O.
I think going with Enabled Speakers depends a lot on your room - how well will the reflections work with the ceiling in your configuration.

I guess if you don't like the effect or it doesn't work for you, you can disconnect the top part of the speaker...

sleevedbiker

Auditioning
Real Name
No one
I got them from Amazon. I figured if they don't work well I can just send them back. No big deal.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks