What's new

Doctor Who: Key to Time Boxset coming to Region 1 in late 2002 (1 Viewer)

Michael Sliger

Second Unit
The Outpost Gallifrey website's news section (http://www.gallifreyone.com/news.shtml) announced today that BBC Worldwide Americas is breaking from the UK release chain in order to profit off of the heavy popularity of Tom Baker by North American Doctor Who fans. They are preparing a box set of the entire Key To Time season (all six stories) to be released late this year in Region 1 only. Paul Vanezis of the Doctor Who Restoration Team (http://www.restoration-team.co.uk) confirmed that work began on the transfers of these stories six weeks ago. Due to a lack of time available, these disk probably won't be as feature-rich as those previously released, but efforts are being made to at least get commentary tracks for these stories (too bad we can't get Douglas Adams to discuss The Pirate Planet :frowning: ).

Terry Hickey

Second Unit
Real Name
Terry Hickey
Being a B]Doctor Who[/b] fan, that sounds great. Have to wait and see how many discs, price, etc. will be, but its

great to see that they are doing complete seasons. Should be great just like the first 3 discs were.

Randy_M

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Randy
Hot damn! These are some of my favorite episodes - Mary Tamm, yum yum...

I do hope they get talent commentaries - I thought the Caroline John and Nicholas Courtney track on 'Spearhead from Space' was truly delightful. I'd love to meet Caroline, she sounds like a truly delightful lady.

Cheers

Ken Stuart

Second Unit
Finally !
While I enjoy all Doctor Who, there are too many for me to justify purchasing any but the very best episodes.
The Key to Time certainly qualifies ! :emoji_thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks